Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 11-08-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
neuvivlio
neuvivlio began at the beginning.

Device: none
cant return ebook i checked out through openlibrary, stuck ;(

hey folks, maybe someone can advise me?

a few nights ago i downloaded adobe digital editions, and checked out a book through open library - the trouble is, the book never finished downloading i got some error, and thereafter it never would download, hence it didnt show up in adobe digital editions, so i couldnt return it.

the trouble is, open library has it that i have the book checked out, but as i mentioned, i have no way to return it, im stuck in a loop as it were - anyone have any suggestions as to what i could do to resolve this?

thank you
neuvivlio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
John K
Reader
John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John K ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG, Kobo Forma
I don't have any experience with open library but I've had this problem with overdrive library. I simply re-download the book. Neither overdrive or adobe digital editions (ADE) has a problem with that. Once I have a successful download, I go into the ADE file and delete the misfire(s) but I don't think it's necessary.
John K is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by neuvivlio View Post
...and thereafter it never would download, hence it didnt show up in adobe digital editions, so i couldnt return it.
Are you trying to re-download from Open Library? If that's not working, look in your computer's download folder for the .ascm file for that book and double-click it to see if it will re-initiate the download that way. Sometimes that works with interrupted downloads from other places, though I've not used Open Library specifically.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:10 PM   #4
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
I haven't used Open Library either, but I assume there is a return date, and that your book will expire on that date.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
ClareK
Connoisseur
ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ClareK can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Laser
Overdrive books do expire automatically - you don't need to return them.
ClareK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2012, 06:57 PM   #6
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
If you don't want to leave it in your queue until the expiration date, you could call OverDrive tech support. In the 2 years that I've been downloading ebooks, I've had two occasions to call and they were wonderfully supportive in each instance.

Their number is (216) 573-6886.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

I have also never used Open Library. The two Overdrive driven ebook libraries that I do use each have a "My Bookshelf" link once I log in to my account. Clicking on that link will produces a page of all the books that I currently have checked out. Each has a download button that can be used to again download any book that has not expired. As others have said if you don't want the book and just want it to be removed from your books checked out list that will happen automatically on the expiration date.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:47 AM   #8
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John K View Post
I don't have any experience with open library but I've had this problem with overdrive library. I simply re-download the book. Neither overdrive or adobe digital editions (ADE) has a problem with that. Once I have a successful download, I go into the ADE file and delete the misfire(s) but I don't think it's necessary.
Yes, just go to the library site and re-download the ACSM file and start again in ADE, it should work fine.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote