Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #61
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also as was pointed out, since Sony filed the T3 for FCC approval, they were originally planning on releasing it here, and changed their minds. I'm not sure what sort of early feedback they got that made them do that, but for a company the size of Sony to abandon the US market like that makes me think that the T3 is going to be their last reader.

It's disappointing, but I am not too surprised, considering features and price-point.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #62
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Can I buy the T3 from the Canadian store? Will there be differences in dictionaries and menu spelling? Any other caveats?
--MH
dynabook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 12:06 PM   #63
Kaitou Ace
Zealot
Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kaitou Ace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynabook View Post
Can I buy the T3 from the Canadian store? Will there be differences in dictionaries and menu spelling? Any other caveats?
--MH
There might be some differences in that. The only other issue could be the lack of warranty, as a lot of companies don't provide support for a device outside of the market it was sold in originally.
Kaitou Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #64
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynabook View Post
--MH
If you've got a Canadian bank issued credit card & are having it shipped to a Canadian address sure but otherwise, I don't believe so.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #65
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic View Post
If you've got a Canadian bank issued credit card & are having it shipped to a Canadian address sure but otherwise, I don't believe so.
You can use PayPal at Future Shop if you know someone who will ship ot on.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #66
CommonReader
Fanatic
CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CommonReader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, PRS-650, Vaio Tap 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitou Ace View Post
but for a company the size of Sony to abandon the US market like that makes me think that the T3 is going to be their last reader.
Perhaps. An ebook reader isn't exactly the sort of product that requires R&D on a scale that can only be recouped by selling a product on a global scale, though. No point in trying to keep a presence in a market where you can basically only sell the product by tying it to a store.
I hope that they keep selling their readers here in Europe, even though I wasn't too keen on the T1 and the T2, though.
CommonReader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #67
grumbles
Addict
grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.grumbles ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel (Black), T-2 and 3, Nexus 7
For those who might be interested. I was in Best Buy and Future Shop, here in Toronto. They have the T3 in stock for $129.95 plus whatever Environmental fee the government charges on readers and the 13% HST on the total amount. They had the units but would put none on display. If I had actually wanted to see one I would have had to buy it. This is typical for both companies. For those of you near the border, it might be worth making a run, assuming, of course, that you wouldn't have to make other initial expenditures like getting a passport. If you do try and get one by mail by pretending to be Canadian, I would suggest that you try to find a place in Alberta to buy it from. Alberta has no provincial sales tax, so at most you would have to pay 5%. But the T3s are here.
grumbles is offline   Reply With Quote