Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
JASR
JASR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Kobo will not load Book

I've been having issues with the Kobo, so I did a Factory Reset. Then I added all my books to the latest Calibre configuration. I updated the Meta Data for all the books and then I downloaded the books to the reader. Everything shows up fine.

Now, when I try to open a book any book, they all get stuck on the load screen. None of the books will open! I can turn the Kobo Off and On to get back to the main menu, but it does not make a difference.

Please Help!
JASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
JASR

It seems that I can open the calibre Maunal on the Kobo. But, anything with new metadata will not open?

Edit:
More info.
The books were all bought off the Kobo Website. Due to the sync issue, I downloaded them all to "Adobe Digital Additions" which is fine for transfering the books, but a lot of the time the cover doesn't come with it. So I updated all my books on calibre with the metadata feature to get the covers of the books. I am new to calibre. Did I miss a step? Since the books are DRM, does adding a cover to the book screw it up? I don't know. So confused!

Last edited by JASR; 05-27-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-27-2011, 12:52 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASR View Post
It seems that I can open the calibre Maunal on the Kobo. But, anything with new metadata will not open?

Edit:
More info.
The books were all bought off the Kobo Website. Due to the sync issue, I downloaded them all to "Adobe Digital Additions" which is fine for transfering the books, but a lot of the time the cover doesn't come with it. So I updated all my books on calibre with the metadata feature to get the covers of the books. I am new to calibre. Did I miss a step? Since the books are DRM, does adding a cover to the book screw it up? I don't know. So confused!
Calibre can't modify books with DRM, only pass them on intact.
If you forced the covers into the file somehow, you probably broke your DRM key.
Or the device is no longer 'registered' to the same ADE account that bought the books.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
JASR

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre can't modify books with DRM, only pass them on intact.
If you forced the covers into the file somehow, you probably broke your DRM key.
Or the device is no longer 'registered' to the same ADE account that bought the books.
Well, crud. So, do I have to take the drm off before I can add the covers? and is there a program that can do that for me?

I ended up having to replace all the books through the Kobo app, but when I buy a new book, I hope to be able to modify it.
Old 05-27-2011, 11:29 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JASR View Post
and is there a program that can do that for me?
Yes, however, discussion of such software is not allowed as per forum rules. You could ask the internet oracle for the path to Apprentice Alf
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:10 PM   #6
JASR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Yes, however, discussion of such software is not allowed as per forum rules. You could ask the internet oracle for the path to Apprentice Alf
Thanks. I got it all figured out now! Woot!