Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 10-18-2010, 03:56 PM   #121
Qxr
Enthusiast
Qxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it isQxr knows what time it is

Device: lbook V3, iRex DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
See here follow the correct link depending on the software you want. The rc3 is the latest, see the changelog-documents
Thanks a lot! I was misled by the file-save dates. Now I see that the rc3 is the right one.
Qxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #122
jjansen
J
jjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterjjansen can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: SONY PRS 505/300, iRex DR800SG, Nook
Battery Drain

Hi everyone, I did do some testing with turning off my DR800SG vs leaving the last page I was reading displayed and simply locking the device. Turning it off makes a big difference to how quickly the battery drains. Even turning it off the iRex doesn't last anywhere near as long as my Sony PRS505 does but it is acceptable. Leaving it turned on is completely unacceptable. I was normally locking the device and leaving the page I was currently reading displayed. I am guessing that it is the clock that is draining the power although I don't know this for a fact.

I will turn my iRex off as a workaround for now...............Jackie
jjansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #123
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Hello everybody,

sorry for the silence last weeks.
My IREX devel environment broke complete some weeks ago and I've been working hard away from my home so no time to do anything.

I also think the cause of the battery drain is due to the clock.
It didn't drain so much in my first tests, but if I remember correctly we introduced a supposedly minor change after (in the idle.sh file). I think the problem comes from it.

Now I'm doing some new tests and I expect to release some fix in a few days.

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:22 AM   #124
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

New release: v2b

Hi again,

I think I've fixed the problem with battery drain (restoring original idle.sh).

Clock is not as accurate now, f.e. it doesn't change time if you stay on a folder doing nothing, so you have to make some action such as changing folder to make clock update the time.

You have a new version in first message.
Tell me if it works better now.

Enjoy,
Iņigo
Old 11-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #125
emav
emav began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800S
Thanks and congrats for your continuous efforts, Iņigo. They are very much appreciated.

I installed v2b on my DR800S and it works fine. I seem to have discovered a bug, though. I don't know if it has anything to do with your work or if it's an iRex thing (even though v2b was installed when it appeared). Maybe you can sort it out:
  1. Go to Settings > Time & Date
  2. Supposing TZ is +0200...
  3. Set DST: ON
  4. When it updates your time indicator is UTC+0100 (should be UTC+0300)
  5. Reset the device
  6. Your time indicator is now UTC+0200 (should be UTC+0300)

And, of course...
  2. Set DST: OFF
  3. When it updates your time indicator is UTC+0300 (should be UTC+0200)
  4. Reset the device
  5. Your time indicator is now UTC+0200
emav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:09 PM   #126
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by emav View Post
Thanks and congrats for your continuous efforts, Iņigo. They are very much appreciated.

I installed v2b on my DR800S and it works fine. I seem to have discovered a bug, though. I don't know if it has anything to do with your work or if it's an iRex thing (even though v2b was installed when it appeared). Maybe you can sort it out:
  2. Supposing TZ is +0200...
  3. Set DST: ON
  4. When it updates your time indicator is UTC+0100 (should be UTC+0300)
  5. Reset the device
  6. Your time indicator is now UTC+0200 (should be UTC+0300)

And, of course...
  2. Set DST: OFF
  3. When it updates your time indicator is UTC+0300 (should be UTC+0200)
  4. Reset the device
  5. Your time indicator is now UTC+0200
Don't have a clue, can't understand you.
Anyway, in case it's a bug, it's IREX code, not from DR800+ ;-)
Old 11-12-2010, 04:16 AM   #127
emav
emav began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800S
Sorry I was not clear enough. I hope it was not the abbreviations for Time Zone (TZ) and Daylight Saving Time (DST) that were confusing but, to cut a long story short, every time one changes his/her device's Daylight Saving Time setting, one needs to do a hard reset. Otherwise, the time indicator that appears next to the menu (thanks to DR800+) will display the wrong time.

Since we need to change the DST setting twice a year, I don't think that this is such a big deal, anyway.
emav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:41 AM   #128
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by emav View Post
Sorry I was not clear enough. I hope it was not the abbreviations for Time Zone (TZ) and Daylight Saving Time (DST) that were confusing but, to cut a long story short, every time one changes his/her device's Daylight Saving Time setting, one needs to do a hard reset. Otherwise, the time indicator that appears next to the menu (thanks to DR800+) will display the wrong time.

Since we need to change the DST setting twice a year, I don't think that this is such a big deal, anyway.
It works well here in my DR800S.
Note that with last version of DR800+, time is not updated every minute to avoid wasting battery, time will change after a new event gets triggered on the device (open or closing books, changing views, etc).

Iņigo
Old 11-14-2010, 02:01 AM   #129
heyneman
heyneman began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG
Hey Inigo,

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the uds.dr1000 file that is already in the _dr800+/new folder (at least in v2b), and the one that we need to extract from the latest firmware update?

-heyneman
heyneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:52 AM   #130
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyneman View Post
Hey Inigo,

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the uds.dr1000 file that is already in the _dr800+/new folder (at least in v2b), and the one that we need to extract from the latest firmware update?

-heyneman
uds.dr1000 is the UDS binary from the DR1000 device.

Note that I cannot include it here as it's not open source, so the uds.dr1000 inside dr800+ package is a placeholder to remember extract the real file from the DR1000 firmware image.

Differences between DR800 UDS and DR1000 UDS? lots and interesting:
- full screen
- pages bar
- more zoom options
- page thumbnails
Old 11-14-2010, 01:17 PM   #131
catharsis
Addict
catharsis began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR800SG, Onyx Boox M92
I suppose you meant what's the difference between the file in the archive and the file you need to get for DR100 firmware. If you check the size of the file in the archive, you'll see that is 0 because it's not legal to distribute it.
catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #132
heyneman
heyneman began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR800SG
Yeah, that all makes sense. Except for the part that something so easily obtainable from the freely distributed firmware update is illegal to distribute...Anyone with a little linux knowledge (or the ability to follow simple directions) can get a hold of it anyway. Ah, legal issues...
heyneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:49 PM   #133
CLAUDIA SILVA
CLAUDIA SILVA began at the beginning.

Device: same Suzzed
hello:
Help wanted sword if I CAN.
IREX tengon dr United Nations as 800 sg of six months ago, all a function of today to Wonderland, which I wanted to enter without a book in PDF format, then disconnect the device from the computer, and here again appears WHEN I wanted to turn no dice message That Target has no memory, you change the card will But still saying the same thing.
I hope you can help me, why I love my IREX.
thanks
CLAUDIA SILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #134
CLAUDIA SILVA
CLAUDIA SILVA began at the beginning.

Device: same Suzzed
Iņigo hello:
IREX tengon dr United Nations as 800 sg of six months ago, all a function of today to Wonderland, which I wanted to enter without a book in PDF format, then disconnect the device from the computer, and here again appears WHEN I wanted to turn no dice message That Target has no memory, you change the card will But still saying the same thing.
thanks
CLAUDIA SILVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #135
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAUDIA SILVA View Post
Iņigo hello:
thanks
Please, don't ask the same question many times. And don't use other threads, if you have problems, open a new one. I've answered in the thread titled FBReader 0.12.10.

Por favor, no repitas las mismas preguntas. Y tampoco utilices hilos que tratan acerca de otros temas, abre uno nuevo. Te he contestado en el hilo FBReader 0.12.10.

Tags
dr800+