Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2010, 08:01 AM   #1
Schaapje82
Schaapje82 began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook Neo
Generate cover

Great new option again. I didn't even think of this one. Is there a way to edit the image used to generate the cover? It's a bit... ehm... yellow. I would like to use a more neutral colored one if it's possible.
Thanks!
Schaapje82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaapje82 View Post
Great new option again. I didn't even think of this one. Is there a way to edit the image used to generate the cover? It's a bit... ehm... yellow. I would like to use a more neutral colored one if it's possible.
Thanks!
That's interesting you're the second person I read that reported seeing yellow. The last person was referring to images with a transparent background, saying the were now seeing the transparent background as yellow. The generated covers on my machine have a white background the same as always.

I wonder what Kovid has concluded about this.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I would suggest uninstalling and doing a clean re-install (i.e. uninstall, delete the old installation directory, usually c:\Program Files\calibre2) and then re-install.

I can't replicate the yellow backgrounds on any of my windows machines.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:04 AM   #4
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
kovidgoyal, is there anyway to turn off the default cover? I don't need a cover and don't like the default generated cover (the title all turns a bunch of question marks when I input Chinese in metadata, the book text itself looks good on unicode Chinese). Now everytime I am compiling a book, I had to use a blank jpg to replace the generated cover. Is there a way to put a checkbox to let user bypass the whole cover thing? or is it part of the standard of epub that you just have to have a cover? I would like to jump directly into the text when the epub opens in an ereader. Is it possible?
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

look at the options under epub output in the conversion settings
Advert
Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
look at the options under epub output in the conversion settings
Thanks, I missed that part.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
adrian1944
Connoisseur
adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.adrian1944 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Imac, iPhone SE, iPad Air 2, Ipad Mini, Ipad Pro, Sony 650.
I opened the ticket for this change and am grateful to Kovid for quickly implementing this change.

I have changed the image on the default cover so I create a form of bookplate for my books

I created a png image of 440high by 550 wide and replaced the image library.png in
calibre2/resources/images to bet my own graphic
adrian1944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Schaapje82

I also have yellow lines when I use the option to hide several things in the main screen.
I do not want to reinstall calibre, so I guess I have to live with it.

Last edited by Schaapje82; 08-12-2010 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:41 PM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
I also have yellow lines when I use the option to hide several things in the main screen.
I do not want to reinstall calibre, so I guess I have to live with it.
I assume that you mean the yellow edges to parts of the main Caibre screen?That is by design as it indicates that there is a potential pane at that edge that is currently switched off.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM   #10
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
That's interesting you're the second person I read that reported seeing yellow. The last person was referring to images with a transparent background, saying the were now seeing the transparent background as yellow. The generated covers on my machine have a white background the same as always.

I wonder what Kovid has concluded about this.
Funny. I'm new to Calibre and so I thought it's supposed to be yellow...
As I do not have many books that need generated cover, it's no big deal. Could rather be an excuse to play with photoshop.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:19 AM   #11
Schaapje82

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
I assume that you mean the yellow edges to parts of the main Caibre screen?That is by design as it indicates that there is a potential pane at that edge that is currently switched off.
Ah, I did not know that. Well, it's the same yellow color, so I thought they had something to do with each other.

I'll try updating to the latest version on my laptop to. See how the covers will look there. It's easier to install there if neccessary because the collection is much smaller.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:05 AM   #12
Schaapje82

Quote:
I'll try updating to the latest version on my laptop to. See how the covers will look there. It's easier to install there if neccessary because the collection is much smaller.
Nope, the laptop gives al yellow cover too. Even after reinstall. Maybe It'll go away on it's own someday.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
wolfing
wolfing began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
On the Generate Cover topic... cool addition, but I was wondering, is it possible to add a 'Book X of <series>' to the text?
wolfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Opena ticket requesting the enhancement, forum posts get lost.