Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
transfering library

Hi everyone,

I need to transfer my whole library to my second laptop since my netbook will go in service tomorrow. I copied my Library on a USB Stick, I installed calibre on my second laptop (0.6.32) but calibre does not accept the library location, it only wants to install the books under the Program Files, which I don't want. plus I have approx. 2300 books, some (not many) with as much as 3 different formats. Is there a way to transfer the whole library at once, or do I really need to transfer each book on its own?

I am lost right now... . I used the search function with the word "transferring" (with one and with 2 r), but could not find what I want.

aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Hi everyone,

I need to transfer my whole library to my second laptop since my netbook will go in service tomorrow. I copied my Library on a USB Stick, I installed calibre on my second laptop (0.6.32) but calibre does not accept the library location, it only wants to install the books under the Program Files, which I don't want. plus I have approx. 2300 books, some (not many) with as much as 3 different formats. Is there a way to transfer the whole library at once, or do I really need to transfer each book on its own?

I am lost right now... . I used the search function with the word "transferring" (with one and with 2 r), but could not find what I want.

Now that calibre is installed, you should be able to simply copy your entire library to where you want it, run the Welcome Wizard under Preferences and point it to your new library location.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 01:01 PM   #3
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Now that calibre is installed, you should be able to simply copy your entire library to where you want it, run the Welcome Wizard under Preferences and point it to your new library location.
calibre does not accept the new library location, that is the whole problem
Old 01-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
What does "does not accept the new location" mean exactly? See http://calibre-ebook.com/user_manual...ter-to-another
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #5
aceflor
Wizard

If I try to import the Library I get following error details:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\__init__.py", line 404, in check
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\wizard\__init__.py", line 423, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\ui.py", line 1635, in library_moved
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 418, in __init__
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 399, in connect
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 229, in connect
DatabaseException: unable to open database file
RemoteTraceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 128, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\sqlite.py", line 119, in connect
OperationalError: unable to open database file

If I click the "check database integrity" button I get the answer "failed to check database integrity" plus show details says :

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\dialogs\config\__init__.py", line 782, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1812, in check_integrity
WindowsError: [Error 32] Le processus ne peut pas accéder au fichier car ce fichier est utilisé par un autre processus: 'C:\\Program Files\\Calibre2\\Ebooks\\metadata.db'
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 01:25 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try putting it on a location in the new harddrive rather than on a USB stick and make sure the permissions are correct on the metadata.db file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #7
aceflor
Wizard

It is not on a USB disk, it is is on the PC Harddisk...How do i check the permissions on the metadata.db file ?

Edited: it works now. I closed and open Calibre again, and this time it showed all books.

Thanks !!!!

Last edited by aceflor; 01-05-2010 at 01:40 PM.