Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 09-22-2012, 12:28 AM   #1
hn333
Addict
hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hn333 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire
How's the grip on the Kindle Fire HD?

I'm asking because the first gen KF's grip was useless.
hn333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:40 AM   #2
mewmartigan
Guru
mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mewmartigan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (2019)
I think its very useable. It's about the same width all the way around the device and it makes it easy to hold without touching the screen. This does make it a bit wider than the competition (Nexus 7) but I don't mind.
Also, with camera and button placement, it seems like landscape is supposed to be the "normal" operating mode and you put it in portrait mode occasionally.
mewmartigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #3
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mewmartigan View Post
I think its very useable. It's about the same width all the way around the device and it makes it easy to hold without touching the screen. This does make it a bit wider than the competition (Nexus 7) but I don't mind.
Also, with camera and button placement, it seems like landscape is supposed to be the "normal" operating mode and you put it in portrait mode occasionally.
All things considered I have to agree with you, is was laid out for landscape use.

Feel is a relative thing, not all hands are the same, but my kfhd feels right holding it in both portrait and landscape mode. Tho landscape is my preferred mode, and the coatings make for a easy grip.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:32 PM   #4
jsh1120
Connoisseur
jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'jsh1120 knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Fire
Agree that landscape is favored as the "default" orientation. I find the grip and feel is a significant improvement over the original KF. But I added the Amazon Kindle branded case. I like it very much. Adds little bulk and weight and has a magnetic closure that puts the KFHD to sleep when the cover is closed.
jsh1120 is offline   Reply With Quote