Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Ectaco's answer to a browser request

Quote:
Good Day X

Thank you for contacting ECTACO.

To Answer your question - we don’t' include a web browser in jet Book Color
and it is not only a security issue for The customer but it is a security
issue for us. We are taking all measures to ensure there is no access to the
proprietary software on the device

I hope it helped to answer your question.

Have a great day

Xxxxx

Best regards,
Ectaco - Customer care

Ectaco INC
phone: 1(718)728-XXXX.
Email: wecare@ectacoinc.com
www.ectacoinc.com
Does that mean that Ectaco doesn't trust their customers? Anyway, I'm a little bit disappointed by the reaction.

Last edited by joblack; 09-06-2012 at 08:21 AM.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:05 AM   #2
andyh2000
Avid reader
andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.andyh2000 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 / Kindle Paperwhite
I think they just make stuff up as they go along.

Andrew
andyh2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #3
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I think the "WeCare" guy is one of those at Ectaco who argued for the removal of the
browser, as an easy way to avoid problems with their Gov contracts.

I would hope that they become more widely used, and a number of them become available refurbished or used, at a much lower price. Then they might attract the interest
of the WM hacking community. I doubt that most companies have the resources to actually go through all the regs that apply to offering a device like this to the government. They usually rely of some contracted advisors and the spec requirements
mentioned in the bid request. It was totally ridicules before 9/11, it must be crazy now.

Something like this might become acceptable;
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...o6XcjR8NlGq6xA

Luck;
Ken

I am giving it a try on my PC and it seems to be working fine here on MR. The Firefox is
setup with Bookmarks and Tabs for the military user, which is fine by this ex-PltSgt. I am
running it off my SD card reader. Someone might try it on their JBC, probably won't boot
but you never know.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 09-06-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote