Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 11-14-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
Gibook
Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.

Device: kobo glo
Calibre 2.0 on xp

It is possible updating kobofirmware or others in a old calibre release?
Gibook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I'm not sure exactly what you are asking, but, I assume you are asking if there is a way to get calibre 1.48 to support the later firmware on the Kobo devices. Yes, simply follow the instructions in the error message that is displayed. This is perfectly safe with all currently available versions of the firmware. And will be for at least the next and probably the next few versions.

If you have an Aura H2O, the situation is different. As soon as someone who is stuck on 1.48 and has one of these turns up, I'll do something about it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Well, at the moment you can do this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
If anyone has important functionality that has broken due to, say metadata website changes, broken/missing drivers (for instance the Kobo H2O), etc. and the libimobiledevice breakage around iOS8, and wants to patch calibre 1.48 with the changes, you can run calibre from source, as mentioned earlier, using the directions here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/develop.html

However, make sure to clone the following repository instead. I have set up a backports branch.

Code:
git clone git://github.com/eli-schwartz/calibre
git checkout -b WinXP-backports
This is absolutely not official or sanctioned by Kovid Goyal, and I cannot commit to anything -- but as of now, I think all three changes should work just fine, and I am open to suggestions of other changes to be patched. (As long as they simply fix changes that were broken by outside sources. I am not personally going to port over calibre features and updates.)

This should allow a central way to manage calibre 1.48 hotfixes, although I do not know how much desire there is....
Because I think it is/could be useful.

I will probably update these kinds of bits and pieces indefinitely, as I see them come up.

Last edited by eschwartz; 11-16-2014 at 12:18 AM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:55 AM   #4
Gibook
Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.Gibook goes to eleven.

Device: kobo glo
Thanks i will tray!
Gibook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibook View Post
Thanks i will tray!
Only try to run from source if your processor is capable of SSE2. If not, stick with 1.48 as 2.x won't work without SSE2.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2014, 05:51 PM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Only try to run from source if your processor is capable of SSE2. If not, stick with 1.48 as 2.x won't work without SSE2.
The source linked is 1.48.0 with a few backported changes.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote