Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Who the heck is Michele L??

Just for fun (there could be no other reason), I decided to download my resume (pdf) to my reader. I'm going on vacation in a few days (for a Loooong time!! wahoo) and I just thought it'd be nice to have my resume on my reader. No, I don't know why. It's not like I'm going to look for jobs and hand my reader to potential employers. But I digress.

So when I download it, the title of the resume is "Michele L." Now, my name is *not* Michele L. In fact, I don't even have an m or l in my name anywhere. I modified this document on my work computer, and then sent it via hotmail to the pc at home, but no one in the history of my job/workplace has had the name Michele. And I'm pretty darn sure no one in my family is named Michele, extended or otherwise. The workplace itself is sure not named Michele, and neither is my house.

So tell me, who the hell is Michele?? And why has she taken over my resume??
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx

You have a split personnality?

Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 07:19 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Don't open that door! No! Don't open it! Michele is waiting behind it to take over your life & identity!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
How long have you been on "pot" poohbear?
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:01 PM   #5
nomesque
Snooty Bestselling Author
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650
It's me.

I stole your identity. Well, not stole, I always intended to give it back. I swapped it for mine. It's not like you even noticed!

If you want it back... well, you work at McDonald's in Alice Springs, NT, you have a long list of drug-related offenses... but you're on record as having been clean for 3 weeks. Noice, huh?
nomesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #6
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
We've had that at work occasionally. It's usually ended up being some-one who's either been temping and created a template, or some-one's been using a document that a client or other external person has sent them.

Enjoy your vacation reading, and remember, Michele is watching you!
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:25 PM   #7
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
It's me.

I stole your identity. Well, not stole, I always intended to give it back. I swapped it for mine. It's not like you even noticed!
We aren't going to get into that tired argument again are we?!?!

Legally, you can't steal GraceKrispy's identity because stealing means taking it in such a way that he/she would no longer have their personality.

I suggest Identity Infringement would be a better term!

Now, back on topic..........I have no idea who this Michele L is or why she would like to be forever known as GraceKrispy.

Cheers,
PKFFW
P.S: My tongue is stuck so far into my cheek that nothing I have said in this post should be taken seriously!

Last edited by PKFFW; 06-02-2010 at 02:14 AM. Reason: grammar
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 09:39 PM   #8
nomesque
nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nomesque ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
We aren't going to get into that tired argument again are we?!?!

Legally, you can't steal GraceKrispy's identity because stealing means taking it in such a way that he/she would no longer have their personality.
... and it's not like she made a licensed digital copy AVAILABLE, what choice did I have??

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
I suggesting Identity Infringement would be a better term!
How about Identity Sharing Project?
Old 06-02-2010, 12:11 AM   #9
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
....and if I wasn't paranoid before....

Now I wonder if the original document I used as a template had that as a name somehow...? I've been kicking around this resume and just updating/altering it for years, so I guess perhaps Michele could have been living within me for years now!

*grumbles* I don't even *like* the name Michelle, let alone Michele!

<eyes darting madly about>

psst... nom... does your identify include kids? It might be nice to get a little break from them, especially the one who is prancing back and forth right now, singing a made-up song at the top of her lungs... I appreciate the creativity and all, but...
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:39 AM   #10
nomesque

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
psst... nom... does your identify include kids? It might be nice to get a little break from them, especially the one who is prancing back and forth right now, singing a made-up song at the top of her lungs... I appreciate the creativity and all, but...
Oh yeah, I forgot...

Your son Traylah is a real cutie, and loves Death Metal just like his da.
Old 06-02-2010, 02:17 AM   #11
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque View Post
... and it's not like she made a licensed digital copy AVAILABLE, what choice did I have??
So true, you were pretty much forced to infringe her identity when she was disinclined to release an official identity!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomesque
How about Identity Sharing Project?
Identity-sharing..........I like it. Very PC terminology.
PKFFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #12
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Have you read the Chaos Chronicles by Jeffrey Carver; ?

Perhaps Michele is a quarx ....

The quarx Michele L, part of an eons-old interstellar civilization that uses advanced chaos theory to predict catastrophic events, seeks to prevent a cometary collision that threatens the Earth. But it must have help—and GraceKrispy must trust the alien, knowing that humanity's very existence may be at stake. She must break all the rules, and sacrifice everything she holds dear, to prevent a cataclysm that would destroy an unsuspecting humanity.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:14 AM   #13
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceKrispy View Post
....and if I wasn't paranoid before....

Now I wonder if the original document I used as a template had that as a name somehow...? I've been kicking around this resume and just updating/altering it for years, so I guess perhaps Michele could have been living within me for years now!
Yes, probably

If it's a Word document, try to find the document properties. There is a field called Author, and nobody ever thinks to change it so yes, it gets inherited from document to document
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:26 AM   #14
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Yes, probably

If it's a Word document, try to find the document properties. There is a field called Author, and nobody ever thinks to change it so yes, it gets inherited from document to document
Wow - a document can have a lineage! A family tree! Did Michele L make a will? For the inheritance??
Old 06-02-2010, 09:30 AM   #15
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Slightly

An older friend of mine opened a political joke sent to her in email. It/she somehow loaded the enclosed photo into the template used to create all MS Word documents on her PC. So that whenever she tried to create a new Word document, this photo would pop up! She almost junked her PC - thinking it was possessed by Nancy Pelosi (the topic of the joke) or the Democratic Party.

Deleting the template restored sanity to her world.