Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-26-2009, 01:41 AM   #1
Exer
I see Russia!
Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Exer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Etch-A-Sketch
Case-Mate "Enlighten" Kindle 2 Cover

Anyone happen to notice that Case-Mate has a "Lightwedge" style Kindle 2 cover coming out in December? Link

Gear Diary has a review of it here.

I have to say I love, love the look of the case itself. "Old English" book style, they call it. I'm not so thrilled about the quality of the light though (not that I've seen it in person), but it seems from those photos posted on Gear Diary that it isn't a very uniform light at all. I'd imagine that all those waves and patterns would really distract me from reading, which would defeat the purpose of the whole thing.

I'm not sure I'm willing to pull the trigger on an $80 gadget that might not do what I'd need it to do. If any of you happen to get one, please review it! Hopefully my fears will be unfounded.
Exer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:40 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Coolio! I'll probably be ordering one, though I'm not fond of the cover itself. It seems to suffer from the same uneven spreading of light that the Sony case light does.

From Cnet:

Quote:
Here are its key features:

* Clear acrylic panel with integrated LED light with two levels of brightness
* Old English book style with genuine leather exterior and locking hinges to secure the device
* Interior side pocket for storage
* View prior pages using the previous page button
* Two AAA batteries (included) provide a maximum of 24 hours reading time
* Available in December ($79.99)

We've been playing around with an early unit, and it works pretty well although the light doesn't splay across the screen as uniformly as it does in the included press-release images (on the left side, the light leaks onto the Kindle screen and creates an interesting ripple effect). Hopefully, Case-mate can tweak the lighting a bit before launch because overall the design of the unit--aside from making your Kindle substantially heavier--is attractive and the acrylic panel does offer another layer of screen protection.

daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #3
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I'd like to see one developed for the DX - that large screen is VERY hard to illuminate even fairly evenly.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:48 AM   #4
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

At first I was like, "wow!", but then I realized it's a piece of acrylic going across the whole screen! That defeats the purpose of the easy-to-read, like-paper screen when you have a piece of plastic over it. And that's not even getting into the uniformity issues CNet noted...

*sigh*

Still waiting for that perfect light, then...
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:14 AM   #5
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
Is it out yet? I'd go for this.
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 11:26 PM   #6
cypherslock
Groupie
cypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of lightcypherslock is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Vox
I can't seem to find it, maybe they pulled it?
cypherslock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:28 PM   #7
bookoffers
Connoisseur
bookoffers began at the beginning.

Device: NOne
amazing..it allows you to read in even the darkest room..
bookoffers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
I've never even heard of it. Looks pretty neat.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote