Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Amazon Kindle price drop revealed in Google Ad?

Edit: Fellow MobileReaders pointed out that this could be an ad made to look as if it was from Amazon but actually wasn't. There is also a $30 discount if you get the Amazon Visa card.

Sure, this one could just be one sloppy typo, but the fact that Amazon has been using Google ads quite extensively to advertise for its beloved Kindle device gives us cause to hope. According to the ad, the Kindle will drop to $369.

Since there's no sign yet of a price drop on the Kindle product page, we'll have to wait a bit longer to figure out the legitimacy of it. -- Let's start betting on sales boost figures if Amazon does indeed cut the price!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kindlead.png
Views:	959
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	7947  
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:00 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
I went looking, and it's not a price cut. Supposedly there is a $30 credit at Amazon if you get the Amazon Visa card. I'm not sure if it's something illicit, but the offer doesn'tseem to be from Amazon.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM   #3
ctitanic
Enthusiast
ctitanic is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsug Q1 UMPC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I went looking, and it's not a price cut. Supposedly there is a $30 credit at Amazon if you get the Amazon Visa card. I'm not sure if it's something illicit, but the offer doesn'tseem to be from Amazon.
Exactly, I bough it a few days ago following that add and applying for a Visa Amazon Card issued by Chase. According to what I understood I should get also 3% off that order. So probably I'm gonna end paying just 358 dollars.
ctitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #4
silvania
Enthusiast
silvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura aboutsilvania has a spectacular aura about

Device: palm
It's weasel-wording, is all.

With units going for $1k on ebay they have no incentive to cut the price anytime soon.
silvania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:39 PM   #5
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'm not sure if it's something illicit, but the offer doesn'tseem to be from Amazon.
That's the sucky part about AdWords. It allows you to enter any destionation URL without checking if you actually own that URL.
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 01:44 PM   #6
ctitanic
Enthusiast
ctitanic is on a distinguished road

Device: Samsug Q1 UMPC
Well, what I know is that it's completely legal. Chase is offering the same card at other stores too, not just amazon. The rebate is coming from Chase, it's not coming from Amazon.
ctitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:45 PM   #7
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

But the link of the ad doesn't point you to any credit card purchase program, but directly to the Kindle product page without any reference to credit cards.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #8
TadW
Uebermensch

My guess is people take their affiliate link to the Amazon Kindle page, using deceptive ads in hope people will click them and make the purchase. Like, I could set up a Google ad saying "Buy Kindle for $299" using the same technique, and if I am lucky, 1 / 20 users will buy order one despite the different price displayed. I would still make some money despite the cost involved in setting up the ads.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:51 PM   #9
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I think there will be all kinds of "fake" Kindle deals sprouting up
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote