Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 09:17 AM   #1
agarner
agarner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.agarner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.agarner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.agarner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nookcolor
Installing Froyo 2.2 on Samsung Galaxy s

Hi folks, maybe this information has already been posted but didn't find it.
All you folks that are using Samsung Kies to install the new 2.2 Froyo updates be aware that the program doesn't work with 64 bit PC's. You need a 32 bit PC to up date your Samsung Android.
I talked to Samsung and they do not plan to make the installer 64 bit compliant.

Alan
agarner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #2
ilovegadgets
Connoisseur
ilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic somethingilovegadgets has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindles, iPad,Note 8, Note 3, iPhone 5,Sony 350& T1, Entourage PE & EE
I updated my Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant to Froyo using my Windows 7 64 bit PC and Kies and did not have any difficulty whatsoever.
ilovegadgets is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2011, 05:45 PM   #3
agarner
agarner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.agarner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.agarner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.agarner has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nookcolor
Very lucky, I tried over 7 times to get it to work until I called Samsung and they told me it wouldn't work. Used wifes 32bit netbook and updated both phones w/o a hitch.
agarner is offline   Reply With Quote