Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Cummings, Ray: The Girl In The Golden Atom. v1. 20 July 07

I first encountered the Sci-Fi writings of Ray Cummings back in the mid 60s when I was a teenager full of angst, hormones, and a voracious appetite for reading. Cummings didn't satisfy the hormonal issues, but he sure did tell a good story. (This was about the time I had "graduated" from Burroughs and was poised tentatively between the writings of Roger Zelazny and the fantastical fictions from the pulp era.)

I haven't read Cummings since that adolescent, pimply era, so I don't know how well he holds up today. The general consensus of critics is that he had a huge influence upon the early development of science fiction - he was actually an assistant for Thomas A. Edison, from 1914 -1919. Many critics cite his lack of growth as a writer.

This novel came out in 1922 and is considered a classic of early science fiction.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 07-20-2007 at 07:27 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote