Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-22-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Post Best Ebook Stores Other Than Sony?

I originally bought the PRS 300 loved it and let my Twin "borrow" it. I then bought the PRS 600 and love it as well. However, the problems with the software GREATLY hinder us from buying books for our readers.

Where are some other places to buy books that are compatible with the PRS 600 and 300?

I had bought some books from B&N and have found their books not to be compatible.

I would love to hear from anyone on where to buy our future books.

One more question. Isn't Borders supporting the Sony Readers and if so, why can we not buy ebooks from Borders?
Thanks
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #2
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
Books on Board is a popular place to purchase epub or pdf books for you Sony.

If you live in the U.S., you can also try your local library to see if they offer ebooks for borrowing.

There are a few ebook search sites that will search based upon Author and/or Title and will give results from numerous web retailers

Addall
Ebookprices
Inkmesh

Lastly, B&N epubs can only be used on the Sony if the DRM is removed. We cannot instuct you how to perform this task but a Google search may help.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
twinszz
Connoisseur
twinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enoughtwinszz will become famous soon enough

Device: prs 300, 600, 950, 350, & T1
Hi Grooks,

Thank you for your information. I am comparing the prices on booksonboard and fictionwise to Sony. I hate Sony doesn't have it's act together as I believe their prices are ok.

Unfortunately, our library system, as huge as it is, doesn't lend ebooks at this point. When I spoke to them about it, they were clueless about lending current trend reading, as opposed to sending people to Project Gutenberg or google books.
twinszz is offline   Reply With Quote