Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 09:34 AM   #36166
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'm playing with my new glasses. I finally joined the 21st Century, discarding my old-style bifocals for a pair of the newer 'transition' lenses. I couldn't wear those when they first came out, because the area 'in focus' was shaped like an hourglass, and everything else was blurry. Impossible for me to ride my motorcycle with them. But the newest Transition lenses are almost clear from side to side, and it only took me a few hours to get used to moving my head to get the right clarity for the distance I wanted to see. I'm pretty impressed with these. And had it been a sunny day, they will darken up just like my old glasses did.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #36167
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Building up my summer stamina ....

Waited until after the sun went down to mow the lawn - but it's so humid, it was like walking through warm soup! You get covered with that slimy summer humidity sweat - that makes you run into the shower immediately!

Sigh .... now storms on the way tonight ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #36168
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Checking my garden and listening to the wind chimes on a very overcast day. I keep thinking it is going to rain and I am waiting on watering the lawns after I mowed.

My patio containers garden is looking good. I have little cherry tomatoes coming on all three plants and some strawberries here and there, but the zucchini and cucumbers are weird. I have the female flowers on the zuchinni buds, but no male flowers yet. On the cucumbers, I have the male flowers, but not female buds yet. My potted citrus trees look like I will have about 7 to 12 on each tree of grapefruit and tangelos. Little crops this year, but fun to watch. Hopefully, I'll have raspberries and blackberries this year too.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #36169
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Building up my summer stamina ....

Waited until after the sun went down to mow the lawn - but it's so humid, it was like walking through warm soup! You get covered with that slimy summer humidity sweat - that makes you run into the shower immediately!

Sigh .... now storms on the way tonight ...
And exactly why do you live there?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #36170
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
You know you've been cleaning and throwing away stuff too much when you take a computer break and you see a random file on the desktop you think "oh, I'll probably have to throw that away, too, it'll be very dirty"

Taking a break from cleaning the fireplace in my workroom and taking some time to clean up my Amazon wishlist. Sometimes I really wonder what I was thinking when putting some ebooks on there!
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 03:39 PM   #36171
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
And exactly why do you live there?
The house is paid for. We have jobs here. And the weather sucks!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #36172
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
The house is paid for. We have jobs here. And the weather sucks!
Pssst... And the people are really nice!
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #36173
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
Pssst... And the people are really nice!
Very true!

And all the neighborhood cats hang out in my front yard! It's like a summer camp for cats ... no fighting - they all just nap on the front sidewalk!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #36174
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
You know you've been cleaning and throwing away stuff too much when you take a computer break and you see a random file on the desktop you think "oh, I'll probably have to throw that away, too, it'll be very dirty"

On your desktop?

I usually keep my dirty files in a hidden folder.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:46 AM   #36175
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
On your desktop?

I usually keep my dirty files in a hidden folder.

Stitchawl

Cleaning up does have it's advantages. Like finding things you thought you had lost. Yesterday I found my first Victorinox knife, with a regular blade and a very small blade. I could hardly get it to open and the the regular blade was dirty with tape glue (used to open boxes with it). But after a thorough clean and some oil it's working great again.
Old 06-25-2013, 03:03 AM   #36176
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
It's not really a vent or a rant, just kind of a *sigh*. One of the indoor/outdoor farm cats, close to twenty five is probably going to pass tonight. She's been failing for awhile, mostly mentally which has been odd to watch. Her eyes have stayed shiny, her coat glossy, but she continues to lose weight and she's always been a small cat. I rescued her, her sister and her brother from being snake food. Lost the brother within two years, probably coyotes, the sister went through kidney failure twice, can't remember how many thousands I spent on her, never imagined she would make it as far as she did... now, the last sister, ready to cross the rainbow bridge and greet Bastet and her siblings. Journey well my sweet one.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:02 AM   #36177
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Closing this thread. 36,000 posts is the limit and you've already exceeded that. In fact, the original limit was just 17.4 posts but that was in the days before Alexander hired the NSA for storage space on their servers. Still, too many is too many.

Thread closed. Go home and have a doughnut.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:13 AM   #36178
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Yesterday I uploaded my curriculum vitae on a job search site so I could react to a job opening. Today I got a call from a recruitment company. They had seen my CV and wanted to have a talk with me, they recruit people for energy companies and other big companies. I'm almost certain I'm not the person they are looking for, since she was looking for people who go visit new and existing customers and I haven't got a driver's licence. Also, I'm not planning on becoming a door-to-door salesperson, since I hate those myself. But I've made an appointment for tomorrow afternoon, who knows in the future they have something that does fit me and they'll have me in their system.
Old 06-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #36179
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
It's not really a vent or a rant, just kind of a *sigh*. One of the indoor/outdoor farm cats, close to twenty five is probably going to pass tonight. She's been failing for awhile, mostly mentally which has been odd to watch. Her eyes have stayed shiny, her coat glossy, but she continues to lose weight and she's always been a small cat. I rescued her, her sister and her brother from being snake food. Lost the brother within two years, probably coyotes, the sister went through kidney failure twice, can't remember how many thousands I spent on her, never imagined she would make it as far as she did... now, the last sister, ready to cross the rainbow bridge and greet Bastet and her siblings. Journey well my sweet one.
Journey softly little one!

I had a cat that passed like this - she reached 22 - never weighed over 7 pounds - never sick a day in her life - just finally started to lose weight and keep still - alert to the end - just went to sleep one night.....
Old 06-25-2013, 09:18 PM   #36180
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Journey softly little one!

I had a cat that passed like this - she reached 22 - never weighed over 7 pounds - never sick a day in her life - just finally started to lose weight and keep still - alert to the end - just went to sleep one night.....
well, she made it through the night. I actually started at a new Brokerage today so I had to wait until late this afternoon to take her in. the Vet was AMAZED at her age!

I HATE having to wear big girl panties!

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?