Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 03-07-2008, 01:09 AM   #1
mattgam
Enthusiast
mattgam began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505,Cybook Gen 3, Astak Pocket Pro
Invisible Shield screen protector

I'm not sure if I'm in the minority on this but I really am not a fan of the case that comes with the cybook. I just don't like the bulk it adds to this tiny reader! I had seen a post in the Sony forums about the Invisible Shield ebook cover and ordered one for my prs-500. When I decided to not use the leather cover I was freaked out about the screen getting scratched and just tried out the invisible shield I had on the cybook. It fits the cybook perfectly and after a few days all the air bubbles worked their way out and its super clear.

If anyone else is interested the link is:
http://www.invisibleshield.com/misce...tal-reader.php
and costs $17.95

I'm thinking of mailing them to see if they will make a whole body cover for the cybook. I have one of those for my ipod touch and it rules!
mattgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
I use their protector for my Trēo, I haven't gotten one for my prs500, because I thought it would be to glarey. I take it that you don't find that to be the case?
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I don't think scratching the screen is any real risk - it's made of a pretty hard plastic. The delicate part of an eInk reader is the thin glass substrate that's under the screen - this can easily fracture if subject to bending or mechanical impact. I'd very very wary of using or (especially) transporting the Gen3 without its case.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 11:43 PM   #4
mattgam
Enthusiast
mattgam began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500, PRS-505,Cybook Gen 3, Astak Pocket Pro
I haven't noticed any glare problems with it so far. I spent a lot of time over the weekend reading outside and had no troubles in the sunlight for what its worth.
mattgam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 10:18 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
That's worth a fair bit, thanks for passing it along.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2008, 10:48 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I have to agree with Harry. It's not a good idea to use ANY eink device without a case/cover for it. I woudl never dream of taking my 505 anyplace without it's cover. I've never come close to scratching the screen. But I could if I didn't have the cover. And as Harry said, it's not scratches that is the problem. Te cover protects again some amount of pressure when you have the device in a carry bag for example.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 04:43 AM   #7
magiske
magiske began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattgam View Post
http://www.invisibleshield.com/misce...tal-reader.php
and costs $17.95

I'm thinking of mailing them to see if they will make a whole body cover for the cybook. I have one of those for my ipod touch and it rules!
I just got the Kindel version, fit perfect on my CyBook. Maby a bit to reflectiv, but else just fine..

Use this link for 50% off

http://www.shieldzone.com/showspecial

/Mads
magiske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 02:56 PM   #8
cprice25
cprice25 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Can someone give me the exact screen size of the Cybook? I always buy the anti glare screen protectors from pocketpctechs.com but my Cybook has not arrived yet. I would need accuracy down to 1/32 inch if possible.

Many thanks,
Carol
cprice25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:42 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Why don't you just look at the specs on the Bookeen web site - it tells you there. The screen size is 122 x 91mm.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 12:59 PM   #10
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why don't you just look at the specs on the Bookeen web site - it tells you there. The screen size is 122 x 91mm.
Harry's right - I just measured my screen, and the measurements given match the unit.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:08 AM   #11
cprice25
cprice25 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Thanks!
cprice25 is offline   Reply With Quote