Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
txtrovert
txtrovert began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Unhappy Kindle 4 NT (FW 4.1.0) Screensaver?

Hello everybody!

Since I got my Kindle 4 NT I've been browsing this forum for methods to add custom screensavers. For the old firmware the method with the RUNME.sh and the tar.gz folder worked fine, but then I got my Kindle replaced (one of the buttons didn't work properly), and first thing I updated the 'new' Kindle to FW 4.1.0. Then I noticed that the screensaver hack didn't work anymore. -.-
I don't think I'm able to JB the Kindle myself, so has anyone a method where I don't need to jailbreak the whole thing? Like the one I used earlier? (I read some threads about the new FW, but apparently nobody updated with no hack installed before...)..

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Tina
txtrovert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 02:56 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Hmm... No prefix on your post title. But context says "K4"
Did you try the: top-sticky -> prefix-index -> K4 -> sreensaver path?
Wasn't that thread helpful?
Did that seem like the place to ask?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
hostar
Zealot
hostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of lighthostar is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 4 non-touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by txtrovert View Post
Hello everybody!

Since I got my Kindle 4 NT I've been browsing this forum for methods to add custom screensavers. For the old firmware the method with the RUNME.sh and the tar.gz folder worked fine, but then I got my Kindle replaced (one of the buttons didn't work properly), and first thing I updated the 'new' Kindle to FW 4.1.0. Then I noticed that the screensaver hack didn't work anymore. -.-
I don't think I'm able to JB the Kindle myself, so has anyone a method where I don't need to jailbreak the whole thing? Like the one I used earlier? (I read some threads about the new FW, but apparently nobody updated with no hack installed before...)..

Thanks in advance for your answers!
Tina
Look here: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind..._on_the_kindle

I don't think, you need jailbreak for this, but you need ssh access (search wiki).
hostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
durutti
durutti began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
2 questions
I thought itis better I dont open a new topic
1st how do I see which kindle I have.. It is not touch or has keyboard but I bought it from amazon in January.
2nd how do I jailbreak it
durutti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by durutti View Post
2 questions
I thought itis better I dont open a new topic
1st how do I see which kindle I have.. It is not touch or has keyboard but I bought it from amazon in January.
2nd how do I jailbreak it
On: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Prefix_Index see:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Then check the index for your model and the HowTo index.

Last edited by knc1; 07-06-2012 at 08:23 PM.
Advert
Old 11-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #6
Skeeve
Zealot
Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skeeve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4.1.1 no touch
My serialnumber starts with 9023… What now?
Skeeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #7
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeve View Post
My serialnumber starts with 9023… What now?
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers

Tags
hack, kindle, screensaver