Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-04-2011, 07:31 PM   #1
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
New Thriller: Wrecker - NOW 99 CENTS!

Wrecker, my new thriller, is now available! See post #3 for details...

Jane Havelock is coping a day at a time in a bad marriage when her husband Steve hires simple-minded handyman Rob Manteo to work around the house. After overcoming her initial revulsion, Jane finds shelter in a growing friendship with Manteo, an enigma who seems to know more than he lets on. Struck by his unstable and morose nature, she digs into his past. But by the time she uncovers a horrible secret and realizes that it wasn't chance that brought Manteo into their world, it may be too late.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-02-2011 at 02:02 PM.
daveconifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 10:14 AM   #2
daveconifer
Zealot
daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!daveconifer rocks like Gibraltar!

Hey people, I reached the limit (went past it, actually). Thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 07:46 PM   #3
daveconifer
Zealot

Just wanted to mention that this is now live on Barnes&Noble, Smashwords and Amazon.

Barnes&Noble

Smashwords

Amazon

"I really enjoyed this book. Wrecker is the story of Steve and Jane Havelock and their 4 year old daughter Allie. Steve is a programmer and general all around pig and Jane is a nurse and a lovely woman who is totally unappreciated by her husband.

Steve hires Rob Manteo to do some work on their home - a strange hulk of a man who seems to be either mentally challenged, physically ill or both. Manteo does an excellent job and Steve hires him for one project after another.

Steve has escalating problems at work and Jane is getting messages from a stranger that show Steve may not really be working all the time. As her suspicions grow and Steve pulls further away, she and Manteo develop a friendship which reveals the tragedy that has made Manteo what he is today.

The results are completely unexpected and I was surprised over and over again with the twists the story took. I highly recommend this to anyone that enjoys a suspense book that challenges your mind."
Old 01-22-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
daveconifer
Zealot

Wrecker is killing it at Amazon, with eight five-star reviews. It's also available at Barnes and Noble and has a few rave reviews there too.

Here's a link to a guest blog I did at Candy's Rants and Raves.

http://candysraves.com/

I'm letting you inside my head in this blog, which is a blow by blow as I was writing Wrecker. It didn't start out as a thriller...
Old 01-23-2011, 05:41 AM   #5
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Congrats on the reviews.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #6
daveconifer
Zealot

Just dropped the price to .99. Not sure why, maybe just for the halibut...
Old 02-02-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
daveconifer
Zealot

Today is the last day to enter the Wrecker One-question Trivia contest. Go to my page:

http://www.facebook.com/daveconiferfanpage

and click on the discussions tab for details. It's only 1 question!

In other news, Wrecker's low price (.99) and high review-star count has landed it on the Frugal eReaders "Most Frugal Reads" list:

http://www.thefrugalereader.com/2011...gal-finds.html
Old 02-09-2011, 02:23 PM   #8
daveconifer
Zealot

I'm magic! I was able to make Wrecker invisible on Barnes and Noble! Nobody can see it there!

Try for yourself.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Wre...r+dave+conifer

Luckily I haven't mastered this trick on that other ebook site.

http://www.amazon.com/Wrecker-ebook/...pd_rhf_p_img_1

Here's some of what those people said about Wrecker:

"In two breathless sittings, I raced through Dave Conifer's Wrecker. I haven't burned through a book that quickly in quite some time, but Conifer's latest novel is a very gripping read from the get-go."

"Dave Conifer is at the top of his game here, with his latest effort ranking right alongside the best of Joseph Finder, Harlan Coben, and indie standout Eric Christopherson. Featuring rich, detailed, layered characters that will keep you guessing and a plot that never hits the pause button, Wrecker kept me hooked all the way through."

"Overall, the story is really good - really good. The writing is fabulous and the storyline is unique enough to have kept my attention. Where this novel truly shines is the pacing - not a dull moment in the bunch."

"I needed to keep clicking next to know what was happening and found it difficult to put down."

"It kept pulling me deeper into it. I had to know everything. I didn't want to put it down, but I had to sleep, but as soon as I was awake, I was back to reading it. This was a really great thriller, that keeps you wanting more!"
Old 02-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #9
daveconifer
Zealot

Wrecker continues to sell well. In fact, sales are definitely on the upswing, and it's currently ranked at 2,946 at Amazon and is selling regularly at Barnes and Noble. For Dave Conifer, this is uncharted territory.

Thanks to everybody who gave this a chance. As I often say, this is the best book I can write, so I'm glad that at least somebody is reading it and talking about it...
Old 03-01-2011, 04:28 PM   #10
daveconifer
Zealot

Wrecker's in the Amazon top 1000 (about 600, actually), and has ten five-star reviews!

It's available in all ebook formats for 99 cents

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wrecker-ebook/...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Barnes and Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Wre...4&USRI=wrecker

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35959
Old 03-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #11
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Great reviews, Dave. On my list!

Cheers
Vicki
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #12
daveconifer
Zealot

Thanks Vicki
Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #13
daveconifer
Zealot

A nice woman from Wisconsin said this in an email:

"I'm an avid reader of mystery and I have to tell you I LOVED the book! I finished it in record time because I could not put it down.
I hope to have the pleasure of reading any books that you will be writing in the future."

Maybe you'll like it too. Ninety-nine cents at Barnes and Noble.

Barnes and Noble: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Wre...4&USRI=wrecker

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Wrecker-ebook/...=AG56TWVU5XWC2

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35959