Old 07-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #16
Borodin
Borodin began at the beginning.

Device: Android mobile phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
The C++ part was removed, it now uses

pdftohtml -xml

to generate the layout XML. However, I haven't gotten around to migrating the python code that reads the XML and converts it to HTML. That should be fairly simple to do. The python code still expects the old version of the XML, so you will need to change it slightly.
Thank you. I notice the pdftohtml I have is version 0.20 while there is a verison 0.40 available on Sourceforge (I am running Windows 7). Is there a reason for this choice, or is there simply no build of 0.40 for Windows?

Also, do I understand that the Python XML -> HTML code migration is a job that needs doing for the community? In which case I will gladly take it on.
Borodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #17
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borodin View Post
Thank you. I notice the pdftohtml I have is version 0.20 while there is a verison 0.40 available on Sourceforge (I am running Windows 7). Is there a reason for this choice, or is there simply no build of 0.40 for Windows?
pdftohtml comes from the poppler project. The pdftohtml on soureforge is completely out of date.

Quote:
Also, do I understand that the Python XML -> HTML code migration is a job that needs doing for the community? In which case I will gladly take it on.
yes.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote