Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 12-15-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
more color illustrated books on the way?

it seems so. Looks like the nook color and the iPad are creating an interest with Publishers.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/15/bu...ref=technology

I'm really excited about seeing the future of ebooks with the nook color.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:27 AM   #2
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I downloaded (from the Android Market) an "app" to my Samsung Fascinate phone "The Grinch That Stole Christmas" and it's basically an illustrated book. It wasn't sold through any kind of "ereader" channel. With my rooted Nook Color I was able to install it on there, too, and it's fabulous!

So not only does there seem to be a push for illustrating children's books and selling via ereader channels, but now other companies are converting/making illustrated books and pushing out via the Android Market.

BTW, this book is not showing up on Barnes & Noble's Nook library.
French is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:35 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I grabbed the "app". It's great. I like it for myself!

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
I'd love to see the original Classics Illustrated brought to the Nook Color.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'd love to see the original Classics Illustrated brought to the Nook Color.
yeah, hopefully soon. As time goes on I think we are going to see these types of books poping up left and right.

I'm soo glad I bought the nook color
Old 12-16-2010, 11:34 AM   #6
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 11:39 AM   #7
boswd
Banned

we'll have to start an illustration watch thread
Old 12-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
we'll have to start an illustration watch thread
Agreed! And I hope BN makes some way in the bookstore to be able to easily identified the enhanced content.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
awesome.. just dl'd the grinch. my daughter AND I will enjoy this one!
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:11 PM   #10
boswd
Banned

I found the Christmas Carol by Charles Dicking for $.99 don't know if it's in color or not but it is illustrated

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/A-C...strated+ebooks

and the Art of Star Wars : Star Wars Revenge of the Sith full Illustrated Screenplay, Now that should be pretty wild

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Sta...strated+ebooks

Last edited by boswd; 12-16-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #11
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I found that a good way to tell how many illustrations are in the book is to download a sample. Sometimes the samples don't show enough pages. However, go to your Nook Library and click the category Sample Books. If it is an enhanced book, then you will see underneath the download buttons "Note: This product features enhanced content and may take a few minutes to download."
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #12
French
Groupie
French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.French ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
I grabbed the "app". It's great. I like it for myself!

You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch
Don't think for one second I bought it for the kids! I don't even HAVE kids.
French is offline   Reply With Quote