Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 11-18-2010, 12:04 AM   #1
NancyKR
NancyKR began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Adobe Digital Editions problem

I'm so hoping someone here can help me. For months I've been downloading books from Overdrive.com to ADE and then to my Nook. No problem. Recently my computer died so I had to install ADE on my new computer. Authorized it and authorized my Nook. Nook shows up on the left where I've always dragged books to before. All appears to be in order but now all that shows up is "No permission to copy document here". I uninstalled/reinstalled ADE and tried reauthorizing it on my computer and reauthorizing my Nook. No luck. Any suggestions?
NancyKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 01:48 AM   #2
Nahgem
Groupie
Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nahgem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks
Not about fixing ADE; it doesn't work right for me either. But if you open the Overdrive file in ADE, can you then copy the resulting epub/PDF from the folder it gets saved in (My Digital Editions, I think) to the documents folder on your Nook? It might be a work-around until someone else can help you.
Nahgem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #3
tiniree
Zealot
tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.tiniree calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Nook 1st Gen
Sounds like me. Went fine for a while and then, wham! Every time I right clicked the book to drag it, a little pop up box said "Verifying Document" and it stayed stuck there! Couldn't figure it out.

Finally after trying many things, we discovered that if I downloaded the book FIRST and waited until the cover of the book showed up, THEN plugged in my Nook to my computer, I had no problem clicking and dragging it. Why? Have no idea. And to this day if I do it the old way (plugging my Nook in first) I get that stupid "verifying doc" box and it freezes.

Try holding off plugging in your Nook until you are ready to click and drag. Might just work.

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyKR View Post
I'm so hoping someone here can help me. For months I've been downloading books from Overdrive.com to ADE and then to my Nook. No problem. Recently my computer died so I had to install ADE on my new computer. Authorized it and authorized my Nook. Nook shows up on the left where I've always dragged books to before. All appears to be in order but now all that shows up is "No permission to copy document here". I uninstalled/reinstalled ADE and tried reauthorizing it on my computer and reauthorizing my Nook. No luck. Any suggestions?
When you say "Authorized [ADE]", do you mean using your Adobe ID? Or anonymously?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, NancyKR.

When you have your problem sorted, click the link below and come introduce yourself.....start a new thread and meet more friends.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Not having a nook, I can only make a suggestion based on having replaced my Astak PPro.

The short version is that in order to load ADE books, I ended up mounting (via USB) the unit (and SD card) without ADE open, then removing the /Digital Editions directories from both the unit memory and SD card (dragged and dropped) into folders on my hard drive. (Moved, not copied).

Then I disconnected the unit (properly), opened ADE, mounted the unit, and authorized the unit with ADE again.

Naturally, I don't know if the nook works the same way, appearing as two "removeable" drives in My Computer.
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote