Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-01-2010, 09:28 AM   #46
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Palm M130
Palm Tungsten E2
Palm T/X - still in service
nook
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:30 AM   #47
Bremen Cole
Wizard
Bremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with othersBremen Cole plays well with others

Device: iPad
1999 and a desktop computer. a 15 inch CRT screen in all it's glory. In the early 2000's it was Palm's, and Sony Clie... I think back to those tiny screens and cringe...... Then an iPod Touch when they came out, then iPhone.....

Tried eInk briefly with he Sony PRS-300, but found nirvana with the iPad
Bremen Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 11:21 AM   #48
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
I was ordering some used books on Amazon one day, and saw a gigantic banner advertising the Kindle. I immediately pulled out my credit card and tried to order it...but it was unavailable in Canada. I wept in frustration, until some dedicated Googling showed me the Sony PRS-505, sold in Sony Styles. As soon as I got home from site, (four anxious days later), I went and shelled out $399 CDN on the best damn thing I have ever owned. The guy at Sony didn't even know what it was. Now three years later, he said that he sold more ereaders than TV's at Christmas!
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #49
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Mine was one of the Visors. I got the expansion module that let me use SmartMedia cards as storage for the books.
A Memplug? Before I got my Sony Reader, I would occasionally keep an eye on Ebay for cheap auctions of Visors and accessories (including broken ones-- I got pretty good at swapping parts around to make working units). I ended up with 2 or 3 Memplugs, (all CompactFlash models.) I used a 256 MB card in mine.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #50
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ardeegee View Post
A Memplug? Before I got my Sony Reader, I would occasionally keep an eye on Ebay for cheap auctions of Visors and accessories (including broken ones-- I got pretty good at swapping parts around to make working units). I ended up with 2 or 3 Memplugs, (all CompactFlash models.) I used a 256 MB card in mine.
I had to click your link for "Memplug," because for the life of me I couldn't figure out what kind of device that might be.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2010, 01:36 PM   #51
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Sony Reader PRS-500, Jan 2007.
Then Sony Reader PRS-505, Jan 2008.

The latter does it.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #52
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
Mine was originally the Desktop computer when I was around 15-16 after which I got an Nokia N-Gage QD. I'd install mobipocket and read almost everywhere. On the train while going to college, sometimes during classes (ouch!) et cetera
Then I got a PSP and started reading on that(Bookr) and have been reading ever since. Now I'm reading on my HTC Wizard using a software called Freda. I had refrained from getting an e-ink reader trying to convince myself that I wasn't a real hardcore reader, but I've finally broken down, and just a few weeks ago I was going to get the K2 (when I returned back to US that is). And then Amazon dropped the news on the K3! So I'm going to wait it out and get the K3 instead. I feel this vacation of mine was a blessing in disguise since during this time there was a price drop AND a new Kindle announced. (If it were possible I'd have impulse-bought a K2 and probably felt regretful, but Amazon doesn't ship here internationally so I had to wait it out).

I was just reading "The Alchemist" and suddenly feel that whatever happens, truly happens for the best of all.
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:34 PM   #53
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
A "Psion 3" in (now I've looked in up on Wikipedia) 1991.
I'm with Harry. The first device I used to read a full novel was my Psion 3a. again sometime in the early nineties. (And the book was "The Wizard of Oz".)

The first device I used to read on regularly was my Palm T/X, from about 2005. I was travelling for about 18 months in East Asia and read a lot on that. Fictionwise was my friend. I dabbled on the various Palms I owned before that, but the screens weren't good enough to read for long.

Then onto a Bookeen Cybook Gen 3 for a couple of years and now my Elonex E511EB.

The Gen 3 certainly gave the best reading experience (until it got crushed in a railway train out of Calcutta).

I'm enjoying the Elonex, but looking forward to getting a larger reader with a Pearl screen at some point to complement it.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 04:44 PM   #54
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
February 2010 - Motorola Droid w/ Kindle App
July 2010 - Amazon Kindle 2 International
August 2010 - Amazon Kindle 3 WiFi
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #55
m42
Enthusiast
m42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire and paperwhite, Ipad mini and Retina, Note 2, Nook tab,HD
Prs500
Prs505
Iliadv2
Kindle2
Nook
iPad
Prs900

The prs505 is still my favorite, that and my iPad. I use kobo or borders so I can share books between them. The kindle2 has found a good home, but I'm sorely tempted by the kindle3. I love the size of my Iliad, but I can't be bothered with converting etc for content.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 09:44 PM   #56
TMPoole
TMPoole began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX/Mobipocket,Astak Pocket Pro, Kindle2, K3
Palm IIIc
TMPoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 11:22 PM   #57
cynthia399
cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cynthia399 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Astak Mentor
Dell Axim
cynthia399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 01:34 AM   #58
afa
The Forgotten
afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite; Nook HD; Sony Xperia Z3 Compact
My first and only e-reader (so far) is my nook.
afa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 02:18 AM   #59
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Philips Nino 300 PDA back in 1998.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:50 AM   #60
SlowRain
Addict
SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.SlowRain knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: HTC 10, Asus Phonepad
So far I've always used PDAs and Mobipocket. My first was a Handspring Visor Deluxe, then a Sony Clie SJ-22, now a Palm Tungsten E2. My screen is going on the hummer, so I'm seriously considering a Samsung i9000 (aka Galaxy S), mainly because of that Super AMOLED screen.
SlowRain is offline   Reply With Quote