Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 10-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
quasarpod
quasarpod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Small Problem With Calibre Sending Files To Android Kindle

Hi All,

I would very much appreciate some help with the problem I am experiencing with Calibre and the Kindle app running on an Advent Vega (Android).
I'm connecting the Vega to the PC via USB cable and using the 'connect/share' facility in Calibre to send Ebooks to the Vega. This works well in that the files are transferred across, but unfortunately the Kindle app can't see them because each Ebook on the Vega is in it's own folder.
Copying Ebooks directly from the Calibre library (from within each folder) to the Vega using Windows Explorer works okay, and the Kindle app sees them.
When connected Calibre can see all the books on the Vega, regardless of whether they were copied by Windows Explorer or sent via the 'connect/share' facility.

I would very much like to transfer books directly from Calibre. If anyone can point out whether what I want to achieve is possible, or I am missing something obvious, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Kris
quasarpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Go to Preferences - Plugins - Device interface plugin - Folder Device interface and adjust the save template so it doesn't have a preceding directory IE. {author_sort}/
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
quasarpod
quasarpod began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
dwanthny,

Amazing, that worked perfectly!! You have no idea how many hours I've spent trying to get that sorted. There is no way I would have considered doing that as a potential solution.

Many thanks for your help,

Kris
quasarpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:18 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by quasarpod View Post
Many thanks for your help,
Your Welcome.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote