Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-29-2011, 04:11 AM   #16
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I love this topic! A good title not only has to convey the meaning of the story, it also should be poetic and lyrical. A lot of effort goes into these, so there are likely thousands of good choices for this.

Black Alice
His Master's Voice
The Idler's Glossary
Tractacus Logico-Philosophicus
Storms of Silence
Under the Jaguar Sun
The Prosperous Few and the Restless Many
To Be a Pilgrim
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 04:42 AM   #17
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I Love Titles. Do you Love Titles? What's you're Favorite Title?
Oh, titles. I thought it said I love ti... nevermind
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 04:58 AM   #18
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
  • I Sing the Body Electric -- Walt Whitman (1855)
  • The Lighthouse at the End of the World -- Jules Verne (1905)
  • Brave New World -- Aldous Huxley (1932)
  • The Shape of Things to Come -- HG Wells (1933)
  • Fahrenheit 451 -- Ray Bradbury (1953)
  • Lord of the Flies -- William Golding (1954)
  • A Clockwork Orange -- Anthony Burgess (1962)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes -- Ray Bradbury (1962)

Last edited by tubemonkey; 09-29-2011 at 05:18 AM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:18 AM   #19
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
My favorite record album title is Manfred Mann's What a Mann!
Love it!
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:19 AM   #20
Joybells
reddit, reddit, reddit
Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joybells ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society ( wartime nazi occupation)
Goodbye and Thanks for all the Fish

Last edited by Joybells; 09-29-2011 at 05:21 AM. Reason: to add
Joybells is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2011, 05:20 AM   #21
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
  • I Sing the Body Electric -- Walt Whitman (1855)
  • The Lighthouse at the End of the World -- Jules Verne (1905)
  • Brave New World -- Aldous Huxley (1932)
  • The Shape of Things to Come -- HG Wells (1933)
  • Fahrenheit 451 -- Ray Bradbury (1953)
  • Lord of the Flies -- William Golding (1954)
  • A Clockwork Orange -- Anthony Burgess (1962)
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes -- Ray Bradbury (1962)
Oooh! Nice ones!

Old 09-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #22
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybells View Post
Old 09-29-2011, 06:17 AM   #23
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
My favourite title for anything used to be "A River Runs Through It", but I think that might have been supplanted by "Memories of My Melancholy Whores".
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:05 AM   #24
xg4bx
Are you gonna eat that?
xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xg4bx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook STG
Help! A Bear is Eating Me by Mykle Hanson. the title is what its about, no misrepresentation there.

"Trapped in a remote Alaskan forest, pinned under his own SUV, gnawed upon by nature's finest predators, Marv Pushkin -- Corporate Warrior, Positive Thinker, Esquire subscriber -- waits impatiently for an ambulance and explains in detail the many reasons why this unfolding tragedy is everyone's fault but his own."
xg4bx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:30 AM   #25
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by xg4bx View Post
Help! A Bear is Eating Me by Mykle Hanson. the title is what its about, no misrepresentation there.

"Trapped in a remote Alaskan forest, pinned under his own SUV, gnawed upon by nature's finest predators, Marv Pushkin -- Corporate Warrior, Positive Thinker, Esquire subscriber -- waits impatiently for an ambulance and explains in detail the many reasons why this unfolding tragedy is everyone's fault but his own."
Old 09-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #26
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
My all time favourite title is Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation. I haven't read the book but that title is great.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:09 AM   #27
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo View Post
My all time favourite title is Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation. I haven't read the book but that title is great.
Karma for a Title alone.

and one more post and you're at 100!!
Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 AM   #28
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress by Robert A. Heinlein
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:11 AM   #29
0utis
Enthusiast
0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep has always been my favorite. I never understood why the Movie could not use the same title.
Apache
I agree with you. I guess it doesn't exactly roll on movie viewers' tongues - specially if they are munching popcorn - but It's beautiful and it makes sense on the book. Same as my proposal for best title ever:

Charlotte Sometimes.

While reading this thread, I have realized that I also love titles with this scheme: The xxxx is a xxxx xxxx. The Moon is a Harsh Mistress and The Heart is a Lonely Hunter.
0utis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:23 AM   #30
elizilla
Addict
elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elizilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 650, Sony PRS 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joybells View Post
So Long and Thanks for All the Fish
elizilla is offline   Reply With Quote