Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 01-21-2011, 05:33 PM   #16
sammieb77
Edge User

Nice to know. I didn't want to be the first one to try it o out on the edge. lol

Old 02-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #17
mduijkers
Edge User

Calengoo, downloaded from androidpit FTW! Finally I can edit my google calendar on my edge! It doesnt need the native calendar. Yeah! This should be included in the default installation!

Did I mention I am very happy with this app?
Mike
(not affiliated whatsoever with this app)

Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 06:25 PM   #18
sarah11918
Edge User

Has anyone without access to the Market been able to buy this? Has anyone had success emailing calengoo directly and asking to purchase, or noticed whether it's on one of "our" markets?

Thanks!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:41 PM   #19
borisb
Edge User

The paid version seems to be available on AndroidPid: http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...droid/CalenGoo. There's also a free beta version http://www.androidpit.com/en/android...o-Beta-Version.

To download either and to make the purchase, you'll need to install the "App Center" app (http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/app-center) and then find and download Calengoo from the app.

Old 02-01-2011, 07:10 PM   #20
sarah11918
Edge User

The free beta has expired, but I'll try installing App Center. Thanks!

Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 08:13 PM   #21
cheyennedonna
Edge User

For anyone with Market access; this app uses a check in for license and will not work if transferred from phone to edge. Many paid apps seem to using this check in method.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #22
borisb
Edge User

I wonder how/if this applies to the app purchased from AndroidPit...?

Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 PM   #23
Michealj
Edge User

Hi everyone, I have been able to update my Google calendar using the EE browser and logging into my University account. I was able to add a new event and edit an event. The same was available using Dolphin browser and my personal gmail account. It sounds like I shouldn't be able to do this or am I completely missing the point of others problems with Google Calendar?

On another issue, Tech support replied to me and said there was an update available to fix my EE's inability to play a youtube video. Using the update app on the EE it says I am running the latest update, Dingo 1.11. I sent that news to them, so we'll wait for the response tomorrow.

Regards,

Micheal

Old 02-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #24
sammieb77
Edge User

When I say 'sync' I mean that I want to have the events and such that are in my Google Calendar to be visible on the calendar that is on the eDGe. I think it would make my PE much more user friendly. As it is, I just use the calendar on the eDGe as my "school planner" and write assignments and due dates for upcoming exams, daily homework, due dates, etc. in that. I use the app on my phone as my "life planner."

Last edited by sammieb77; 02-01-2011 at 10:13 PM.

Old 02-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #25
Michealj
Edge User

Ahhh, got it. My error.

Thanks,

Micheal

Old 02-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #26
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I wonder how/if this applies to the app purchased from AndroidPit...?
If you get it through AndroidPit it checks there for the license. If you uninstall AndroidPit's app it tells you you your license needs Androidpit installed.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:34 PM   #27
goodspeech
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michealj View Post
Hi everyone, I have been able to update my Google calendar using the EE browser and logging into my University account. I was able to add a new event and edit an event. The same was available using Dolphin browser and my personal gmail account. It sounds like I shouldn't be able to do this or am I completely missing the point of others problems with Google Calendar?

On another issue, Tech support replied to me and said there was an update available to fix my EE's inability to play a youtube video. Using the update app on the EE it says I am running the latest update, Dingo 1.11. I sent that news to them, so we'll wait for the response tomorrow.

Regards,

Micheal
i purchased the google app from Androidpit. it allows the user to edit and create events offline. Once you go online everything sincs. It has been very handy.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:24 PM   #28
sammieb77
Edge User

Does it allow you to literally write in it like the one on the eDGe does?

Old 02-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #29
sarah11918
Edge User

The developer of CalenGoo emailed me back overnight:

Quote:
thank you for your email! Yes, there are two other stores where you
can buy the app, please see here:

http://android.calengoo.com/pagestor...ternativestore

If you buy the app from AndroidPIT you have a 24 hours refund period.
So you can try it and see if it works good on your Android tablet and
otherwise you can return it.
I also wanted to verify that all the various calendars I view at once through my Google Calendar would show up in the app:

Quote:
Yes, it will display all your personal and shared calendars (except
Google Sports calendars). If your tablet does not have a stock Android
calendar, it may be necessary to sync CalenGoo directly with Google.
Please see here for details:

http://android.calengoo.com/pagedoc/...eaccounts.html
The developer, Dominique, was very happy to answer my questions and I've read in reviews that he provides great customer service. I installed the AndroPit app yesterday and I'm looking forward to having Google Calendar on the edge.

Old 02-02-2011, 01:45 PM   #30
sarah11918
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammieb77 View Post
Does it allow you to literally write in it like the one on the eDGe does?
I would guess no, but I'm sure someone who already has it will tell you.