Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: ¿How old are you, being X your age?
x<21 1 1.18%
21<x<28 8 9.41%
28<x<35 8 9.41%
35<x<42 18 21.18%
42<x<49 18 21.18%
49<x<56 7 8.24%
56<x<63 6 7.06%
x>63 19 22.35%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Age demography: what's your age?

Almost a year ago, I wrote:

Quote:
I have the feeling this is a forum where the average age of the users is much higher than any other forum I know, so I hope you don't mind this little question about demography. In which age group are you established?
And I made a cute little poll to go with the post. Can we repeat it?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm 22 myself.
Advert
Old 05-08-2011, 04:34 PM   #3
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
How should people vote if they're 21, 28, 35, 42, 49, 56, or 63 years old? And just out of curiosity: what made you pick 8 year long age ranges instead of the more customary 10 or 5 year ranges?

Last edited by stickybuns; 05-08-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: i spel gud!
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #4
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Theres actually a thread in general discussion about this.
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Logseman
Orisa

D'oh! I just wanted to make the punny attempt, but I guess people are answering there...

About how people should respond if they are in the "limit values", it's easy, one should mark himself in the upper level. You are not "21 years old", you are 21 years, x months, y days old, which makes you older than 21.

The time spans of 7 years come, actually, because I read somewhere that one year for a dog equates seven years of a human being. Not too related, I admit it, but it was actually the cause. I'm weird like that...
Advert
Old 05-10-2011, 01:02 PM   #6
Angst
Cannon Fodder
Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Angst ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite
I had to make sure you weren't displaying the voters in the poll results before I voted.
Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 01:38 PM   #7
Logseman
Orisa

The time I've spent on this forum has made me value the privacy of its members
Old 05-10-2011, 03:36 PM   #8
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
I had to make sure you weren't displaying the voters in the poll results before I voted.
Oh? I'm quite proud that I've been able to accumulate more than sixty seven years in this crazy world and still haven't lost my mind; at least I don't think I have, and if I have I'm unaware of it.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 PM   #9
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I turned 40 last bday myself. Sometimes I wonder "what happened? Wasn't I just 18 not so long ago?" lol.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 07:36 PM   #10
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I turned 40 last bday myself. Sometimes I wonder "what happened? Wasn't I just 18 not so long ago?" lol.
Me too. I'm only a couple months away from 41.

But my reaction is more, "I'm totally unqualified for this. I hope no-one finds out and takes away my Aged 40 License".
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 01:25 AM   #11
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
But my reaction is more, "I'm totally unqualified for this. I hope no-one finds out and takes away my Aged 40 License".
still have a year to go, but I know the feeling. You stop somewhere in the late twenties and never get older.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote