Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2010, 11:22 AM   #1
Jacobs_43
Jacobs_43 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-650
Replacement stylus for PRS-650?

Does anyone know where a replacement stylus for the PRS-650 can be bought? Mine fell out of my hand in my car, and after rigorously searching for it three times, I can only assume it has disappeared to the Twilight Zone.
The problem is that I cannot find any place that sells replacements.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Jacobs_43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:54 AM   #2
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
I'd like to find one (for the 350) with a metal barrel-- the hollow plastic one is too light.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #3
pete_1967
Connoisseur
pete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony PRS-650
My guess is direct from Sony, have you contacted them?
pete_1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #4
Jacobs_43

Pete -

Yes, I e-mailed their service dept. yesterday, saying that I was looking for a replacement stylus for my "Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS-650."

The person who responded to me said, "Unfortunately, I am unable to determine what part you need based on the supplied information in your letter."

I'm not sure how much more precise I could have been in the information.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:10 PM   #5
pete_1967
Connoisseur
pete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguepete_1967 can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobs_43 View Post
Pete -

Yes, I e-mailed their service dept. yesterday, saying that I was looking for a replacement stylus for my "Sony Reader Touch Edition PRS-650."

The person who responded to me said, "Unfortunately, I am unable to determine what part you need based on the supplied information in your letter."

Classic
pete_1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Ahhh, but was it a person or an automated response system requiring a precise part number... sometimes difficult to tell with email queries

Quote:
Pete -

elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #7
Jacobs_43

It was a person I believe. The name 'signed' on the bottom was Alfred.

Hmm...Alfred, Al - perhaps a brother of HAL? From what I can surmise at the moment though, it appears to have been a person.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:29 PM   #8
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-650, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 7
I emailed them a few weeks ago and got the same response.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:39 PM   #9
Joe Minton
eReader
Joe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the endJoe Minton knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: Sony 650, iPod Touch 4G, iPhone 4, Nook: Touch/Glow/Color/Tablet
Alfred E Neuman
Joe Minton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #10
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
That's totally insane... or is that just mad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Minton View Post
Alfred E Neuman
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:48 AM   #11
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
... Mine fell out of my hand in my car, and after rigorously searching for it three times, I can only assume it has disappeared to the Twilight Zone ...
Bad luck. When I dropped something valuable down between the driver's seat and transmission tunnel, the only way that I was able to retrieve it was to remove the seat!

Perhaps you might be able to get a replacement stylus for your 650 via the Sony Parts and Accessory Sales website, as their list of spare parts includes ones for other models, such as the 700:
Type stylus in the enter search text box, select Keyword from the drop-down menu (Model Number | Part Number | Keyword), then click on the red Search button.

Just look at the prices ...

Accessory / Parts Research Request

Last edited by boxcorner; 12-12-2010 at 03:30 AM.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #12
natasha_fawn
Evangelist
natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.natasha_fawn can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-950 (finally!)
I wonder if the replacements for other models, like the 700, would work for the 650. Seems like they should be of a similar size. Does anyone have any they can check with?
natasha_fawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 01:12 PM   #13
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

The very first day I had my reader, I lost the stylus. I went to the Sony Store the next day and asked if they had replacement stylus pens. The sales person said it was to early for accessories to be available. When I was about to leave, the manager came out and he remembered me from when I purchased a home theater projector. I mentioned what I was looking for and he said he'd help me out. He ended up letting me have the stylus from the 650 demo unit.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #14
Bro Pete
Connoisseur
Bro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfoldedBro Pete reads XML... blindfolded

Device: Sony PRS 650
I would never advocate taking one, but I was surprised to see the stylus in both the 650 and 350 demo units at a Best Buy recently.
Bro Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:52 AM   #15
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Does anyone know where a replacement stylus for the PRS-650 can be bought? Mine fell out of my hand in my car, and after rigorously searching for it three times, I can only assume it has disappeared to the Twilight Zone.
The problem is that I cannot find any place that sells replacements.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.
Bring your car to the garage! They'll find it

I had misplaced the cover of my TomTom somewhere earlier this year. I had been looking for it everywhere: under the seat, in every corner, but no luck. Then, this september, I had to bring the car in for its half-yearly servicing. And when I picked it up, the cover was on the passenger seat

But on topic:

If you do find a metal one (instead of that cheap feeling plasticy one), I'm highly interested!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote