Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-03-2009, 01:13 AM   #1
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
Hi from Australia :)

I've been reading these forums a lot while deciding which ereader is the best for me so thought it a good idea to pop in and say hi
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Hi, Cassy!

Welcome to Mobileread!
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Cassy
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:35 AM   #4
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day, Cassy! There's a lot of us Aussies on this forum. We've a secret club running in the background, and we're going to bring this organisation down and into the antipodean fold from the inside. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Cheers,
Marc (Oh, crap. Did I just say that out loud?)

PS. Welcome aboard. If someone called "desertgrandma" says "Don't listen to the monkey/montsnmags", don't listen to her. She's some crazy, old American broad.
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:42 AM   #5
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
G'day, Cassy! There's a lot of us Aussies on this forum. We've a secret club running in the background, and we're going to bring this organisation down and into the antipodean fold from the inside. Shhh, don't tell anyone.

Cheers,
Marc (Oh, crap. Did I just say that out loud?)

PS. Welcome aboard. If someone called "desertgrandma" says "Don't listen to the monkey/montsnmags", don't listen to her. She's some crazy, old American broad.
Oh, don't listen to him. Montsnmags and desertgrandma are both lovely and very helpful. I'm beginning to suspect that there is indeed a secret Australian club as there has been load of Aussies joining in the past couple of weeks.

There are some hints and tips for Australians buying ebooks on this thread.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43304

Welcome to MobileRead by the way.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2009, 12:27 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Cassy and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:38 PM   #7
Onemack
Groupie
Onemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheeseOnemack can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle P/W, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libre 2, Boyue likebook P10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
deciding which ereader is the best for me
Hi Cassy and Welcome.

Have you decided which ereader to buy??
Onemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 05:03 PM   #8
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to the forum!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 12:24 AM   #9
dogearstands
dogearstands began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle & Kindle for iPhone
Welcome, I hope I get to visit Australia some day. After reading Bill Bryson's "In A Sunburned Country" I want to go more badly than before. I'm new to the forum as well, but find it's full of great information.
dogearstands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 03:12 AM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MobileRead Cassy

Be careful, this place is addicting! Check out the top of the page and click on the Wiki for additional information....
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:50 AM   #11
Cassy
Zealot
Cassy began at the beginning.

Device: Silver Sony PRS 505
Thanks guys

And thank you for the warning Montsnmags.. I'll keep it in mind

I am pretty sure I will go for the Sony prs 505 but... part of me still wants the 700. Just keeping an eye on ebay for the moment!
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:59 AM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I got my 505 before the 700 was available. But were I to have to decide today, I'd still go with the 505. The sharper contrast on the 505 screen is more important to me than the touch screen or the built in light in the 700.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 08:22 AM   #13
Jupiter3737
Jupiter3737 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy View Post
I've been reading these forums a lot while deciding which ereader is the best for me so thought it a good idea to pop in and say hi
Welcome
Jupiter3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #14
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Jupiter and welcome!

Please feel free to start a new thread and let us know what kind of ebook device you are thinking of getting. To start a new thread click in the little blue box at the top of the 'introduce yourself' page.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:38 PM   #15
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Hi Cassy ..... welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy the device you decide to get. I have the 505 its awesome.

Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote