Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
mauricio ibacache
Edge User

YouTube app problems

I'm a junior member of this community. I'm in anesthesiologist in a teaching hospital. in Chile (South America).
I must say that the edge has change my life and the way I teach now. All my students want one. I think the recent update is awsome. The virtual keyboard accuracy is fantastic now, but I'm having problems with the new YouTube app. It display the menu and I'm able to see the video list, but when I click to watch them a message appears in the screen telling me that the video can not be played . Can anyone give me a hand on THIS? Does anyone have a clue on what could be the problem? thanks so much for your time and help.
PS:Sorry about my English, Spanish is my mother language

Old 05-30-2010, 09:52 PM   #2
mauricio ibacache
Edge User

Here it goes one example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS7O9RhNa18

Thanks

Old 05-31-2010, 07:40 AM   #3
Gunnerp245
Edge User

Okay, why are we unable to view youtube in the native browser when they can be in the app?
Is this a browser deficiency? Can Dolphin?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
ChrisF
Edge User

It would still be nice for the YouTube app to register an intent to open via a youtube link. It should be as simple as a new function that opens the app with a reference to the link, but then again I have not done much android programming.

TubeDroid was the app I've been using for youtube the last few months and when I click on an embedded youtube video or a link it gives me the option to download the video or the sound. Once the download was finished I could open the app or launch the video from the notification bar.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #5
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauricio ibacache View Post
I'm a junior member of this community. I'm in anesthesiologist in a teaching hospital. in Chile (South America).
I must say that the edge has change my life and the way I teach now. All my students want one. I think the recent update is awsome. The virtual keyboard accuracy is fantastic now, but I'm having problems with the new YouTube app. It display the menu and I'm able to see the video list, but when I click to watch them a message appears in the screen telling me that the video can not be played . Can anyone give me a hand on THIS? Does anyone have a clue on what could be the problem? thanks so much for your time and help.
PS:Sorry about my English, Spanish is my mother language
On several occasions I have received the same message that the video cannot be played. I immediately try again, and then it plays. Don't know why it does this, but try it and see if yours does the same.

Old 06-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
VenturingSoul
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
That would suggest a problem connecting to the YouTube servers for the video stream. This would normally be temporary due to a network issue, for example. Trying again after a few minutes (or more) might well work.
I don't even have to wait a few minutes. I try again immediately after getting the message, and it seems to always work the second time. Strange.

Old 06-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
brauckmiller
Edge User

HEH...Borisb...can I question your sanity by suggesting the Annoying Orange video?

Old 07-22-2010, 05:31 PM   #8
Rina
Edge User

I can't get any videos to play using the YouTube app that was installed with the eDGe update. On that first day I tested it and it worked. I tried it again this week, and every video I select says it cannot be played. I've tried the trick above, trying the same video over and over again, and no go.

I'm all caught up on eDGe updates.

Is there a way to re-install this app for free? It's not in the App store on the Entourage site.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:56 AM   #9
PonMan
Edge User

YouTube Change

YouTube made an internal change recently which is incompatible with our Tube app. We are working to get this fixed asap.

Old 07-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #10
ricco
Edge User

Glad i checked the forum. I thought I was doing/had done something wrong and screwed it up...

Old 07-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #11
Gorazd
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I'm assuming that you posted the YouTube link as an example and that you're not trying to play www.youtube.com videos in your eDGe's browser (because that won't work ont he eDGe). I searched for "K'naan & David Bisbal" in the YouTub app and found about 10 matches. All of the ones I tried played fine.

Do a search for "Annoying Orange Wazzup 2: Wassabi" and see if that one plays on your eDGe.
????
What does that mean??? Can you or can you NOT play videos???? My edge wont play any videos from any web site!! How do you play videos if you say that edge does not play videos??
And at last : The last update says it has FlashLite app BUT my Edge does not grab that upadte at all...There is no update or any new software available from my edge....It says that it is up to date and there are no changes

Old 08-12-2010, 02:28 AM   #12
skapsal
Edge User

Any word on the youtube app? I would really like to watch the rooted edge video on my edge.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:16 PM   #13
supermarkitos2004
Edge User

Youtube application doesn´t work for me too, maybe because we don´t live in USA or Canada? But I found a solution, you can install "FREEdi Youtube Downloader" from SlideME market (look for in the forum how to install SlideME resized version in your EDGE) . When you press 2-3 seconds the link of the desired video, you can select in the menu the option "View Online HQ". Sadly the application is developed for mobilephones, and it has small screen.
Maybe you can try to resize the application (look for in the forum how to do this), in my case the resize-application doesn´t work in my computer.
I hope I helped you. Maybe the next update can solve these little problems (i hope it!)

---> please, when you are able to resize the "FREEdi Youtube Downloader" application to a large screen, post the modified "apk" here in the forum!

(= Mauricio, yo también soy médico, en este caso microbiólogo, soy espanyol pero trabajo en un hospital alemán! El Edge Entourage es genial para leer artículos médicos en la pantalla de tinta electrónica, pero mi opinón es que el sistema android se queda un poco pequenyo, sería genial instalar un sistema linux para usar el ratón, teclado, impresora, disco duro externo, y poder realizar documentos, presentaciones o tablas de CALIDAD con Openoffice, conectar un proyector para presentaciones, descomprimir archivos, etc. Tampoco no estoy acostumbrado al touchscreen (no me sé desplazar por la pantalla, abro aplicaciones sin querelo y me pongo nervioso), preferiría tener un mouse! )

Last edited by supermarkitos2004; 08-12-2010 at 03:11 PM.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:10 PM   #14
shinkamui
Edge User

I've managed to get the real youtube app from google working on the eDGe. Video is not fullscreen yet, but this is easily fixed. I don't think its legal for me to redistribute the rebuilt pack or supplemental files, but I will provide a writeup soon for anyone who's interested in getting it working on their own.

[video=youtube;4VO7Sdc0LAc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VO7Sdc0LAc[/video]

Last edited by shinkamui; 08-18-2010 at 07:12 PM.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:26 PM   #15
shinkamui
Edge User

See this thread post: http://www.entourageedge.com/forums/...ull=1#post7688