Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 11-30-2010, 05:02 AM   #1
davidli
davidli began at the beginning.

Device: OPUS
Unhappy Txt files issue with epub firmware

Hello,

I purchased a new opus and tried to import my txt books.

I notice that with the MOBI firmware my txt books are correctly displayed and the Opus is very fast.

Then I tried to read my txt files using the EPUB firmware. And the result is not good at all ! with big txt files the Opus crash or is very slow.

My solution is to convert all my files in EPUB. I tried with 'Calibre' but the convertion is not perfect, I have a lot off funny symbols in my EPUB files.

Does anyone have the same issue ?

Thanks.
davidli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 06:01 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidli View Post
My solution is to convert all my files in EPUB. I tried with 'Calibre' but the convertion is not perfect, I have a lot off funny symbols in my EPUB files.
That means there is some encoding problem. The txt file uses some encoding and calibre assumes (by default or because you somehow set it) some other encoding. Make sure both are the same and it should work fine.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert