Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 02-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Frustrated with Car Toys

I am about kicking myself right now. Wednesday, February 3rd I went in to Car Toys and asked if I could order the purple Pocket Pro. They said that would be fine, and took a $110 deposit. He told me it would be there in about 5 days. The reasons I went with Car Toys rather than ordering directly from Astak was to order locally, plus they offered me a discount for being a home school teacher. And right now, every little bit of savings helps.

Wednesday, the 10th, I called Car Toys and asked if they could tell me the status of my order. I figured I'd give them an extra couple days before calling, so I waited a full week after placing the order, rather than just 5 days. They said nothing has been received yet, but they'll call me when it comes in. They said it should be in by Friday.

So yesterday (Friday) I called again. I asked if they've received it, and the person who answered the phone at first couldn't find any record of the order. I told him if they haven't ordered it yet to just cancel, because we're moving out of town on Tuesday. I don't want to have to drive back to town to get it, once it comes in. Plus, I figured I could still order directly from Astak and at this point still get the free light. So I gave him my name and when he entered it into the computer he said he found the order, it should be here any day. I asked if UPS delivers on Saturdays and he said yes. So I'll wait until Monday, and if I still haven't heard anything I'm going into the store to cancel my order and try to get my money back. According to their web site, once a special order has been placed it cannot be canceled, and it is not returnable. And if you do get a refund for cash or check, it will be processed and sent AFTER 14 days. I guess I won't be getting my Pocket Pro any time soon. I am very frustrated with Car Toys. Not with Astak - from everything I've seen here I believe they are a wonderful company, and I do eventually want to buy an ereader from them. But I am very disappointed with Car Toys. The discount was not worth this, and by the time I am able to be refunded my money, it will be too late to order from Astak and get the light. That's not really a big deal, but I'm just very frustrated with the whole thing. At this point I am wondering if they really placed the order in the first place.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
UPS does NOT deliver regular packages on Saturday.

You can pay extra for SATURDAY AIR service.
BUT it would have to have been shipped with that option $$$ (Orange Saturday Stickers all over the box)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2010, 07:03 PM   #3
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

And I'm guessing they won't receive it Monday either, being a holiday... grrr...
Old 02-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #4
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davimee View Post
And I'm guessing they won't receive it Monday either, being a holiday... grrr...
They might....My Pocket Pro that I bought on ebay is enroute and according to UPS tracking website it should be delivered on Monday.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #5
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
They might....My Pocket Pro that I bought on ebay is enroute and according to UPS tracking website it should be delivered on Monday.
I hope you get yours today!
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #6
SaraD
Groupie
SaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with othersSaraD plays well with others

Device: Sony 650, Basic Kindle 7th generation
Good luck, Davimee. My husband and I keep going back to Car Toys for cell phones for several years now, however, we have found that service is very dependent on the salesman. We always call ahead for "our" salesman's hours. It has been a mixed bag if we deal with anybody else.
SaraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #7
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Thank you, Sara. I was planning on going in today to see if I can get my money back, but I decided I've waited this long, hopefully it will arrive in the next couple days. Even though it's an inconvenience to drive back to town to pick it up... Hopefully it will come soon! I was hoping to have it for our move, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I'm guessing that for whatever reason it didn't actually get ordered when I went in almost two weeks ago, but I'm hoping that by now they've at least ordered it.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:34 PM   #8
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Quote:
I hope you get yours today!

I did....I'm doing the firmware upgrade now and can't wait to play with it.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #9
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
I did....I'm doing the firmware upgrade now and can't wait to play with it.
Excellent!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Sending copy to Car Toys.

Quote:
I am about kicking myself right now. Wednesday, February 3rd I went in to Car Toys and asked if I could order the purple Pocket Pro. They said that would be fine, and took a $110 deposit. He told me it would be there in about 5 days. The reasons I went with Car Toys rather than ordering directly from Astak was to order locally, plus they offered me a discount for being a home school teacher. And right now, every little bit of savings helps.

Wednesday, the 10th, I called Car Toys and asked if they could tell me the status of my order. I figured I'd give them an extra couple days before calling, so I waited a full week after placing the order, rather than just 5 days. They said nothing has been received yet, but they'll call me when it comes in. They said it should be in by Friday.

So yesterday (Friday) I called again. I asked if they've received it, and the person who answered the phone at first couldn't find any record of the order. I told him if they haven't ordered it yet to just cancel, because we're moving out of town on Tuesday. I don't want to have to drive back to town to get it, once it comes in. Plus, I figured I could still order directly from Astak and at this point still get the free light. So I gave him my name and when he entered it into the computer he said he found the order, it should be here any day. I asked if UPS delivers on Saturdays and he said yes. So I'll wait until Monday, and if I still haven't heard anything I'm going into the store to cancel my order and try to get my money back. According to their web site, once a special order has been placed it cannot be canceled, and it is not returnable. And if you do get a refund for cash or check, it will be processed and sent AFTER 14 days. I guess I won't be getting my Pocket Pro any time soon. I am very frustrated with Car Toys. Not with Astak - from everything I've seen here I believe they are a wonderful company, and I do eventually want to buy an ereader from them. But I am very disappointed with Car Toys. The discount was not worth this, and by the time I am able to be refunded my money, it will be too late to order from Astak and get the light. That's not really a big deal, but I'm just very frustrated with the whole thing. At this point I am wondering if they really placed the order in the first place.
Dear Davimee:

I apologize for Car Toys. I will talk with them. I am sending a copy of your post to them so they know.

Car Toys will improve!!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #11
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Thank you, Robertb. My husband and I have discussed it, and decided to wait it out with Car Toys. We are moving tomorrow, so at that point I'll call again and ask if there is any update on the order, and give them my cell phone number, as we we'll be without our home phone for a couple days. I'm really hoping they call today though, so we can pick it up tomorrow before leaving town. I'll be without internet for a couple of days starting sometime tomorrow morning, but I will update later this week and let you know if it has arrived. Hopefully I will have good news to report! Although after all this, I'm not so sure I will be shopping with Car Toys again. Well, after tomorrow it will no longer be in the same town, so I probably wouldn't anyway, unless the service had been really good.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:29 AM   #12
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Update

I called Car Toys yesterday morning and spoke with the manager (the same person I ordered from). He said he wasn't sure why they hadn't received it yet, and said he'd call the person in charge of ordering, and he'd get back to me. He said there is a store in Washington that has the purple (the color I ordered) and if he can get permission from whomever it is he needs to get in touch with, he'll have it overnighted. I gave him my cell phone number, but never heard back. I called today once our phone was hooked up and gave him our new phone number. He apologized for not calling back yesterday, said they were swamped, and he hasn't been able to get in touch with whomever he needs to talk to about the order. He again said if he can get in touch with the person in charge of ordering, he'll see if he can get it overnighted. I kind of think he's getting tired of my phone calls. I'll probably wait until Friday before calling back again, but hopefully he'll call me tomorrow with some good news.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:31 AM   #13
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Good news... sort of...

I called Car Toys again tonight to see if they could give me a status update on my order. They apologized and said there is still no status on it, so I asked if I could come in and get my deposit back. They said that would be fine, so tonight we drove in to town to get that taken care of. I don't quite understand what the problem was, but it seems like the person who is in charge of the special orders has not been in touch with them regarding this order, and they are not able to get in contact with that person. Usually they receive email updates with an estimated date of arrival, but for this order they never received anything. Oh well, I am just happy they were willing to give me my money back, and I am done dealing with Car Toys.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:15 PM   #14
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
I will talk with Car Toys on this.

Quote:
I called Car Toys again tonight to see if they could give me a status update on my order. They apologized and said there is still no status on it, so I asked if I could come in and get my deposit back. They said that would be fine, so tonight we drove in to town to get that taken care of. I don't quite understand what the problem was, but it seems like the person who is in charge of the special orders has not been in touch with them regarding this order, and they are not able to get in contact with that person. Usually they receive email updates with an estimated date of arrival, but for this order they never received anything. Oh well, I am just happy they were willing to give me my money back, and I am done dealing with Car Toys.
Dear Davimee:

Thank God you got your money back.

I will talk with car toys and find out who dropped the ball. I sent the second in command a copy of your initial post... but I got no response either.

I have the Presdent's phone number and will chat Monday. They keep telling me their sales are down and I am beginning to see why. ONE suggestion I will make is that they do a sticky onto the Astak Dedicated Forum to chat direct with customers.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #15
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma

Robert, I hope you have better luck with Car Toys than I did!

To be honest, the whole situation has made me a little hesitant to order an ebook reader right now. I know I wouldn't have any trouble ordering from www.theezreader.com, but I guess I'm just a little uneasy, especially given the number of people who are having difficulties with their Pocket Pros lately... I've shown this forum to my husband and told him about the quality of customer service I've seen here, and he's encouraging me to go ahead and order. So I will probably order sometime this weekend. Hopefully I'll get one that is in good working order and I won't have any trouble with it. Assuming I order this weekend, once it comes I'll charge it for a good 8-12 hours, and hopefully that will be sure everything goes smoothly. I've got a question, though. While it's charging, I realize I won't be able to connect it to my computer, but can I install the firmware upgrade and books with the SD card, or is it best to wait until it's completed it's charge cycle?

Thanks!