Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 07-19-2009, 07:10 PM   #1
Mrgauth
Addict
Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mrgauth has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K3
LoTR Trilogy cleaned up?

I remember when the LoTR books hit everone went gaga and started downloading away. I hesitated because I am only interested in getting the 3-in-1 set, but heard there were errors in it.

Is that true and if so, anyone hear they have cleared that up. By the way, I am interested in the Sony version.

Thanks.
Mrgauth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Nearly all the errors have now been fixed, and there's a new revised date in the text. This is certainly true for the fictionwise Mobipocket version. I believe it's true for the other versions too.

See my post on this page: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=45212&page=22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post
I remember when the LoTR books hit everone went gaga and started downloading away. I hesitated because I am only interested in getting the 3-in-1 set, but heard there were errors in it.

Is that true and if so, anyone hear they have cleared that up. By the way, I am interested in the Sony version.

Thanks.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2009, 06:42 AM   #3
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
I did get an email today that I should re-download the trilogy...

Quote:
We have been notified that the file for "Lord of the Rings" has been replaced.
Please remove any previously downloaded versions and redownload a fresh copy from
your bookshelf.
I've not been able to download it (didn't download it immediately and when I wanted to, I couldn't...), but I will try again tonight. (I made a support ticket about that and this was the resonse (finally))
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:15 PM   #4
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
does anyone know if there is a non kindle edition format available?
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 02:57 PM   #5
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
oncdoc--Sony has a 50th anniversary addition http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/j-r...00000000157725
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
does anyone know if there is a non kindle edition format available?
Yes, you can get it in ePub, Lit, Mobi and PDF at BoB...
http://www.booksonboard.com/index.ph...9113&v=details
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

thanks my friends. appreciate u all.
Old 09-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #8
oncdoc
Addict

Hi, I got the 50th ann. version from the sony store. many many typos and words omitted. Im disappointed.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #9
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
Hi, I got the 50th ann. version from the sony store. many many typos and words omitted. Im disappointed.
That sucks
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #10
oncdoc
Addict

yeah, how hard could it be to get it right?
Old 09-15-2010, 11:42 PM   #11
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I understand Prof. Tolkien had the same sort of troubles when he originally wrote the books. He'd write dwarves and the publisher would correct it to dwarfs etc.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #12
oncdoc
Addict

the problem is glaring spelling mistakes ie "connection" spelled wrong (most recent observation) I dont think Tolkien intended these obvious typos.
Old 09-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #13
oncdoc
Addict

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrgauth View Post

Thanks.
I did get the sony version. but mistakes galore... agghhhh!!!!!!!!