Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 08-22-2012, 08:10 AM   #16
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
I did go to a site that was a dictionary of sorts for Pali. I noted that he used hyphens on some of the larger words. Whether this is typical, it might be an acceptable way to display, assuming the device will break on hyphens. I frankly don't know how the various devices handle them.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 AM   #17
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I did go to a site that was a dictionary of sorts for Pali. I noted that he used hyphens on some of the larger words. Whether this is typical, it might be an acceptable way to display, assuming the device will break on hyphens. I frankly don't know how the various devices handle them.
Wow. Thanks for taking the time to investigate that. It's true hyphens are used by some people, but I really want to avoid modifying the original text at all. I realize this is a big limitation I am setting.

Thanks all. I think I will just hope that in the future ADE finds a new way to work with this.
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2012, 01:06 PM   #18
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
What solution are you looking for? The word either has to run off the end of the page or else be broken; there is no other alternative, is there?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #19
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Third option: render it with a reduced font size so it fits in the page (I hope no serious ebook reader does this ever).

I think he wants the word to be broken, but without having to modify the HTML code (just the CSS).
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote