Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #1
larlarcook
larlarcook began at the beginning.

Device: ipad; kindle
Failed file in iTunes Connect

I have successfully created an epub file from InDesign CS5, have put it through Calibre, have made some fixes in the xhtml file to allow cross references to work, the file passes ePub Checker, and have successfully converted it to mobi for upload to Amazon (which has been successful as well). But when I upload it to iTunes Connect I'm getting error messages like this:

ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid URI in manifest OEBPS/1 part page.xhtml : Illegal character in path at index 7: OEBPS/1 part page.xhtml" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid URI in manifest OEBPS/2 part page.xhtml : Illegal character in path at index 7: OEBPS/2 part page.xhtml" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
ERROR ITMS-9000: "Invalid URI in manifest OEBPS/3 part page.xhtml : Illegal character in path at index 7: OEBPS/3 part page.xhtml" at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Any suggestions on how I can fix this? I don't have a problem going into the particular xhtml file to fix it, I just need to know what to write.
larlarcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this question belongs in the epub forum, not the calibre forum
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #3
larlarcook

Thanks, I'm new to this so wasn't sure where it should go. However, I'm wondering if this isn't something caused because of how Calibre converted this file. Before Calibre converts a file the name in the toc.ncx may read "Chp 1.xhtml" but after the conversion it reads "OEBPS/Chp 2.xhtml.

To fix cross references broken in InDesign epub export, I convert my epub to an epub through Calibre, and then I open the toc.ncx file and the Contents.xhtml my file created. I take the toc.ncx content name, ie., Chp1.xhtml and paste it into the Contents.xhtml where the value "#anchor-anchor" appears and it fixes the cross reference. However, I do not past the OEBPS/ part of the name. So, could this error in iTunes convert actually being caused because I haven't included this part of the name?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I wonder if it is complaining that the filename part of the URI starts with a numeric character. I vaguely remember reading somewhere that this can be an issue.

The other thing is that the URI must exist with exactly the path you specify within the ePub file. If the file is at the OEBPS level within the ePub then that part of the URI is relevant.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:37 AM   #5
larlarcook

I thought that might be the case. I'll try modifying the file and see if I can upload it and let you know.
Advert