Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-27-2010, 11:19 AM   #46
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
After a lot of weird happenings, i got the goodies on the IQ, it boots, so no funny stuff, untill the step of the manual to setup Google Talk.
It all was to good to be true it seems I can not get Google Talk to communicate with the server, it keeps saying there is no secure connection or something like that (reliable data connection)
Before you ask, i am sitting next to router, full signal, browser browses the web..

Last edited by Roos; 12-27-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: forgot some info
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:59 AM   #47
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roos View Post
After a lot of weird happenings, i got the goodies on the IQ, it boots, so no funny stuff, untill the step of the manual to setup Google Talk.
It all was to good to be true it seems I can not get Google Talk to communicate with the server, it keeps saying there is no secure connection or something like that (reliable data connection)
Before you ask, i am sitting next to router, full signal, browser browses the web..
Same here, blocked at Gtalk, although Android ID is correct (I verified it)
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #48
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, Gtalk working now. Trick is : download Youtube apk here : http://thegadgets.net/trickt-boy/how...-apk-download/, install, and log in in youtube with gmail account. It deblocks sthing on the IQ so that Gtalk all of a sudden recognizes the gmail account too.

No success yet with the market though, still looking at that.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #49
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Device: IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
OK, Gtalk working now. Trick is : download Youtube apk here : http://thegadgets.net/trickt-boy/how...-apk-download/, install, and log in in youtube with gmail account. It deblocks sthing on the IQ so that Gtalk all of a sudden recognizes the gmail account too.

No success yet with the market though, still looking at that.
I just had Gtalk working too when my screen decided to take minds of it's own :S... Found the Youtube sollution also but tried another gapps pack with youtube and that didn't work... Thought the problem was the build.prop file but if the apk works I'll go for that one .

My screen is unworkable now (it thinks I'm clicking in the top left corner constantly :S) so I guess I have to return the IQ and wait for support to fix it....
RezzZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:49 PM   #50
aceflor
Wizard

shoot.... to stay polite...
Advert
Old 12-27-2010, 05:22 PM   #51
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
Ooooh ... so we are one step closer to Android Market.

Does anyone here actually read books on their IQ? I'm still using my Jetbook for most of my reading. I only use the IQ for night reading because the back cover is off during the day for quicker access to the power plug.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:37 PM   #52
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiaig View Post
Does anyone here actually read books on their IQ?
Here.
I'm testing the various readers, reading a full book on each.
The hardware works like a charm.
The apps? Most are at least decent.
Kindle rocks (when it's not snowed-in).
Overdrive is pretty good.
Aldiko can be tweaked into a decent experience.
Coolcalc and FBReader are in a dead heat.
Still not sure about the rankings and which I'll stick with besides Kindle.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:13 PM   #53
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Sorry if I cannot reply as much as I would like to (being the holidays and all)

I did not have to install Youtube and it worked right away for me. Perhaps it has to do with Linux. I may have forgotten something... I will have to read it again.

accounts.db is where you get the androidId. You should only use the one from the emulator. Now, if you cannot use sqlite3, you could adb pull gls.db, update the value with sqlite3 (by moving the one in tools into the platform-tools folder) and push it back (do not forget to make your system folder read/write.

for Linux, if you have trouble, try starting the adb server as root.

We do not need to do anything with the accounts.db on the IQ. Just the gls.db.

@ReeZz: can you tell me exactly what your IQ does? Also, do you know how to logcat with adb?

It works great for me here... I just don't get it. Do not forget you need to start and configure Google Talk FIRST. If you do anything else, it might not work.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 08:51 PM   #54
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post
Sorry if I cannot reply as much as I would like to (being the holidays and all)

I did not have to install Youtube and it worked right away for me. Perhaps it has to do with Linux. I may have forgotten something... I will have to read it again.

accounts.db is where you get the androidId. You should only use the one from the emulator. Now, if you cannot use sqlite3, you could adb pull gls.db, update the value with sqlite3 (by moving the one in tools into the platform-tools folder) and push it back (do not forget to make your system folder read/write.

for Linux, if you have trouble, try starting the adb server as root.

We do not need to do anything with the accounts.db on the IQ. Just the gls.db.

@ReeZz: can you tell me exactly what your IQ does? Also, do you know how to logcat with adb?

It works great for me here... I just don't get it. Do not forget you need to start and configure Google Talk FIRST. If you do anything else, it might not work.
Started from scratch, flashed the IQ, installed all, talk is working perfectly, market is not ("Server unavailable"). Really tired now, so nighty night everyone!
Old 12-27-2010, 10:02 PM   #55
katzki
Zealot
katzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enoughkatzki will become famous soon enough

Device: sony prs 650
So...
We don't have anyone who sucessfully access to the Market in the Windows friendly method?

I'm also blocked at the Makret error thing. Although I successfully installed the Froyo Youtube app and signed in with my gmail account, Gtalk never works. It just quickly disappears when I click the Gtalk Icon. Market shows the 'server not accessible error'. Kind of irritating as I spent whole a day on this issue without any outcome

I have to go and need some sleep.
katzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 PM   #56
Icewyng
Addict
Icewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura aboutIcewyng has a spectacular aura about

Device: Pocketbook 301+, Pocketbook IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzki View Post
So...
We don't have anyone who sucessfully access to the Market in the Windows friendly method?

I'm also blocked at the Makret error thing. Although I successfully installed the Froyo Youtube app and signed in with my gmail account, Gtalk never works. It just quickly disappears when I click the Gtalk Icon. Market shows the 'server not accessible error'. Kind of irritating as I spent whole a day on this issue without any outcome

I have to go and need some sleep.
I am sorry to see noone but me succeeded so far. Iam afraid my knowledge of Win7 is very limited.

I had to reflash many times before getting it right. Let's see if we can find a way:

1) Factory data reset
2) Push the files
3) Make sure to sqlite the ANDROIDID
4) set a Google account in Accounts & sync
5) Open GTalk & then Market

I get a sync Symbol on the bar. Could be related.
Icewyng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #57
Ternover
Enthusiast
Ternover began at the beginning.

Device: PB 302, IQ, Archos 70IT
I've been trying to get this working as well. Got the AndroidID with the emulator and pushed the files over to IQ but when I try to set up Talk or account in Accounts & sync I get the 'cannot establish connection to server'.

The sticking step for me seems to be the one where the emulator walkthrough says to:
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='number_from_previous_commands' where name='androidId'";

I don't see anything under my /data directory on the IQ so I don't see what gls.db database this command is supposed to be updating. I did a search on the IQ for gls.db and cannot find it anywhere. Was I actually supposed to follow that FAQ through this step or stop once the ID was obtained?

I'll keep trying too but been at it all day and am tired as well. Too late and it's all starting to jumble together
Ternover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:43 AM   #58
RezzZ
Connoisseur
RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.RezzZ is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icewyng View Post

i've read from many android users that they had the same problem not able to setup the googleaccount. They needed to go trough the Youtube application to make it work. Could be caused by the fact you can link your google account to a youtube account. If you don't have it it probably work just fine. Do you have a youtube account linked to your google account? If not it's probably why it worked for you right away .

About my screen:
Old 12-28-2010, 02:56 AM   #59
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ternover View Post
I've been trying to get this working as well. Got the AndroidID with the emulator and pushed the files over to IQ but when I try to set up Talk or account in Accounts & sync I get the 'cannot establish connection to server'.

The sticking step for me seems to be the one where the emulator walkthrough says to:
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='number_from_previous_commands' where name='androidId'";

I don't see anything under my /data directory on the IQ so I don't see what gls.db database this command is supposed to be updating. I did a search on the IQ for gls.db and cannot find it anywhere. Was I actually supposed to follow that FAQ through this step or stop once the ID was obtained?

I'll keep trying too but been at it all day and am tired as well. Too late and it's all starting to jumble together
Forget that and do this command instead :
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='XXXXXXXXXXXXX' where name='androidId'";

with the Xs being your Emulator AndroidID. The gls.db is on Android Version 2.X (our IQ) the replacement for accounts.db on Android Version 1.X (often our Emulator), hence the confusion. This will set the IQ to the Android ID needed to set a gmail account for talk, market and so on.

Although I am blocked at the market now, so I am not even sure it makes a big difference....
Old 12-28-2010, 03:00 AM   #60
RezzZ
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Forget that and do this command instead :
adb shell sqlite3 /data/data/com.google.android.googleapps/databases/gls.db "update meta set intvalue='XXXXXXXXXXXXX' where name='androidId'";

with the Xs being your Emulator AndroidID. The gls.db is on Android Version 2.X (our IQ) the replacement for accounts.db on Android Version 1.X (often our Emulator), hence the confusion. This will set the IQ to the Android ID needed to set a gmail account for talk, market and so on.

Although I am blocked at the market now, so I am not even sure it makes a big difference....
don't forget to change the
where name='androidId'
ID too. It has to bee your IQ ID which is most likely: 'PocketBook'
You can get your ID with the following command:
Code:
adb devices
At least, that's what I always thought . Can't try now