Notices

Old 12-07-2011, 04:31 AM   #31
requiem_mortis
requiem_mortis began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
This update for Reader™ for PC (1.1.04.11230) addresses the following issues:

Stability and performance improvements

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/pro...er_PC_v1_11230

....err....yeah...right. That'll be it fixed then !

Last edited by requiem_mortis; 12-07-2011 at 04:34 AM.
requiem_mortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:51 AM   #32
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
One of the bugs in the new software is that if you turn off syncing it doesn't remember. Next time you plug in your T1 it forgets that you had syncing turned off and switches back to sync all which is annoying.
This is really irritating. First, Reader is about the only software on my Mac that needs the computer to reboot after each update. Then it resets itself to sync automatically - and you can't change the setting until you connect the device, which syncs before you have time to stop it.

I love the T1, but the desktop software is a pain.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:00 AM   #33
opitzs
Avid Reader
opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.opitzs can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-600, PRS T1, Kobo Glo
Insalata, that is why I use calibre...
opitzs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #34
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

I use Calibre too - that's why I don't like it when the Sony software tries to sync. I initially had the Sony Reader because I didn't know if you could update the firmware without it, but it seems you can download the firmware updates directly.

Probably the only use I have for the Sony Reader software at the moment is as another reader for testing epub files if I've been editing them (since they all seem to behave differently). I prefer to use Adobe Digital Editions for downloading new purchases that have DRM.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:44 AM   #35
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
2 in 1

First, thanks mortis, on OK - suck it and see, I suppose !

Secondly, Insalata - I stopped having troubles with Reader v. Calibre when I realised I simply needed to check "save to file" rather than open with Reader" or somesuch !

I know, duh....

Be nice if we could wifi with Calibre though, wouldn't it ........
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:56 AM   #36
no.guru
Crazy like a
no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.no.guru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350
<deleted>

Last edited by no.guru; 12-07-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: oops, wrong thread
no.guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:01 AM   #37
Peto
Legal Alien
Peto doesn't litterPeto doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505/T1/Kindle PW2
I never use any of them, except Calibre to convert mobi ebooks from Amazon into HTMLZ, so I can edit them in Word and convert them to PDF-6". Never to load ebooks into my 505 or T1.
Peto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #38
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
JSWOLF
... Did YOU just admit that SONY are NOT PERFECT ... You'll be telling us next you Buying a KINDLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Syncing has never worked all that well. Your best to turn off syncing and do it manually.
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 12:39 PM   #39
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
JSWOLF
... Did YOU just admit that SONY are NOT PERFECT ... You'll be telling us next you Buying a KINDLE

carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:47 AM   #40
chrisridd
Guru
chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrisridd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE, Marvin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by opitzs View Post
Insalata, that is why I use calibre...
Unfortunately calibre cannot update a T1's firmware.

The only reason (AFAICS) for Reader to need a reboot is because it installs a kernel extension. Does anyone know what is in the kext? Does it work in Lion?

Personally I just force quit the installer (option-right-click on the installer icon in the Dock) what it is finished and when it says I need to reboot. I haven't noticed any problems so far.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #41
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
FB2 support promised in Feb 2012.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:01 AM   #42
AltairDrax
AltairDrax began at the beginning.

Device: Sony,PRS-T1
New update available
AltairDrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:29 AM   #43
Insalata
Zealot

This one says:

Quote:
This update is applicable for PRS-T1 (1.0.03.11140) to address the following issues:
- Improved touch panel functionality
- Improved stability when searching the dictionary
- An Internet connectivity problem which only appears under certain conditions is fixed.
- Improved DRM contents compatibility
Old 12-09-2011, 11:25 AM   #44
cloggy
Connoisseur
cloggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-T1
..was the firmware of your PRS-T1 updated to this level after you installed the Reader software on your PC?
cloggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #45
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
'Improved DRM contents compatibility'. Any idea what that means? B&N support?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote