Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-25-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Battery Life

I'm pleased to say thanks to the EZ Reader team. I am unsure what you guys did, but the most recent firmware upgrade made the battery life SO MUCH BETTER on my EZ Reader. When I purchased it I did so under the assumption that it would use no power when not in use (no page turns, in standby mode) but I was often greeted with a dead battery after it sitting unused for several days.

After the new firmware upgrade, I can turn it on after a few days of non-use and it still has a full charge!

THANK YOU FOR FIXING THIS PROBLEM!
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #2
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Err, are you talking about the Dec '09 FW or the messed up March/April '10 FW?
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #3
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Yes. I, too, wondering what recent FW improved battery life. I know I have already said the replacement PPro I received a couple weeks ago had a FW which seemed dated July 6, 2010 (100706) but have never seen a FW available from Astak for download since the April debacle -- about which there has been total silence since Robert's surgery. Of course, there's been silence about pretty much EVERYthing since then. Oh how I miss Robert's pro-active "buy the new Astak <insert new model here> it has <list of attributes> and unlike the competition, comes with a crush-proof case, etc."
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:21 PM   #4
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
Yes. I, too, wondering what recent FW improved battery life.
I just asked our tech about which FW update has the best battery life. They said, without question, the FW labeled 12/10/200 on our site. This is definitely true, it's the FW I use and I love leaving my device on to pick up later.

I'll let you all know if I hear anything about an FW update, I know we are currently asking for an update for the PPro, but no status as of yet.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Thanks for the confirmation, Jenifer, but it still doesn't answer the question of what "recent" FW Jamina is referring to that improved battery life. I believe that anyone who has been on the boards for any length of time is aware that the best Astak FW at this time is the December FW.

That is why several of us have asked Jamina to confirm which FW is being referred to as "recent" and has cured the battery drain problem. Most of us would regard "recent" as "since the March/April FW", since that is the FW which was guilty of the battery drain issues and caused the necessity to retro load to December.

Last edited by eGeezer; 08-30-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Advert
Old 09-03-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
The reader says

Firmware version: V2.02ASTAK.100320
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?

How very interesting, as that appears to be the March FW update that got the bad rap for causing battery-drain issues which NEEDED the fix. Okay. No clue here, since the previous FW was the Dec 09 version is what folks with battery-drain issues went BACK to in order to clear the problem.

Perhaps the March FW isn't the problem, it is the April re-issue. But I understood both had the problem.

But thanks for providing the info, even if it is now apparently more of a head-scratcher than it was before.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGeezer View Post
How very interesting, as that appears to be the March FW update that got the bad rap for causing battery-drain issues which NEEDED the fix. Okay. No clue here, since the previous FW was the Dec 09 version is what folks with battery-drain issues went BACK to in order to clear the problem.

Perhaps the March FW isn't the problem, it is the April re-issue. But I understood both had the problem.

But thanks for providing the info, even if it is now apparently more of a head-scratcher than it was before.
I thought the issue with the March firmware was to do with the battery drain issue when using the new CoolReader3, and the subsequent April firmware (brought back in TTS) but battery drain fixed with CR3 but occurred with the screen lock?
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:11 AM   #9
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?

Ahhh. You are probably right. I hadn't been checking the forums for a while, and popped back in late July so I didn't catch all the nuances of the timeline. I caught the part about battery drain in sleep (screen lock) mode, but wasn't clear about the previous battery drain with CR3 -- which I haven't gotten around to using much, anyway.

Jamina might well have batter drain problems using CR3, but if like me doesn't use it, would never know the difference.

Last edited by eGeezer; 09-04-2010 at 01:13 AM.