Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #16
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
Scavengers (Posadas #1) by Steven F. Havill from Poisoned Pen Press is free today at Amazon US. It was first published by St. Martin's Press in 2002 and is highly rated at Amazon and Goodreads. For fans of Southwest US mystery fiction.

It was not free at Amazon UK and Canada when I checked.
I really like this series, which I think is a great police procedural series. (See my earlier post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ll#post1918310 if you want more of my opinion )

Scavengers is #1 in the series by publication date and serves fine as an intro, although there is now a prequel too: One Perfect Shot
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 12:02 PM   #17
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kobo Libra 2
Two that are free again:

Earthly Delights (Corinna Chapman#1) by Kerry Greenwood at Amazon US. From Poisoned Pen Press. Canada
Not free at Amazon UK when I checked.

The Ghosts of Varner Creek by Michael L. Weems, a supernatural mystery first published by Epigraph Publishing in 2007. Amazon US.
Canada
UK
BelleZora is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2013, 12:13 PM   #18
BelleZora
Wizard
BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BelleZora ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
I really like this series, which I think is a great police procedural series. (See my earlier post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ll#post1918310 if you want more of my opinion )

Scavengers is #1 in the series by publication date and serves fine as an intro, although there is now a prequel too: One Perfect Shot
I just checked out this series on Wikipedia. There are two Posadas County series, the first featuring septuagenerian Bill Gastner as Undersheriff, then Sheriff, of Posadas County. Heartshot is first in the series and has been free in the past so many of us may already own it. Scavengers, offered free today, is first in the next series focusing on Undersheriff Estella Reyes-Guzman, after Bill Gastner's retirement.
Old 11-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #19
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Amazon Aus has got Stella Rimington's The Geneva Trap as one of the AUD $1.99 deal of the day books.
Quote:
Liz Carlyle Book 7
Geneva, 2012. When a Russian intelligence officer approaches MI5 with vital information about the imminent cyber-sabotage of an Anglo-American Defence programme, he refuses to talk to anyone but Liz Carlyle. But who is he, and what is his connection to the British agent?

At a tracking station in Nevada, US Navy officers watch in horror as one of their unmanned drones plummets out of the sky, and panic spreads through the British and American Intelligence services. Is this a Russian plot to disable the West's defences? Or is the threat coming from elsewhere?

As Liz and her team hunt for a mole inside the MOD, the trail leads them from Geneva, to Marseilles and into a labyrinth of international intrigue, in a race against time to stop the Cold War heating up once again...
Amazon US $1.87

Canada $6.15

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 11-14-2013 at 02:15 AM. Reason: formatting
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:57 AM   #20
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Free on Amazon today - No Human Involved by Barbara Seranella

'A former junkie-turned-auto mechanic, Miranda “Munch” Mancini just wants to make an honest living. But nothing in life is easy, and Munch’s hopes for a new life are dashed when her abusive father turns up murdered, and Munch is the main suspect. Staying clean is one thing, but staying off Detective Mace St. John’s radar, especially when a series of gruesome murders all point to Munch as the culprit, may prove impossible. Her only hope is to cut a deal with the detective, putting her own life on the line to catch a killer. But trust doesn’t come easily for ex-junkies, or for cops. The impulse to betray this precarious alliance may be too strong for either to resist – and may get both of them killed.'

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/No-Human-Inv...19236&sr=1-418

US
http://www.amazon.com/No-Human-Invol...qid=1384419334
Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2013, 04:02 AM   #21
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Free on Amazon Today - Bad Wolf Chronicles by Tim McGregor

Detective Lara Mendes’s hard work finally pays off when she gets the chance to join the homicide detail. There’s only one catch; she has to partner up with a cop no one wants to work with.
John Gallagher is a veteran homicide detective who loves stomping bad guys and hates partners. When the Lieutenant saddles him with this green kid named Mendes, his first reaction is to ditch her but a call comes in about a body on the river bank and the rotation says they’re up.
What they find are human remains, mutilated and partially devoured. Their investigation reveals a killer stalking the city with a pack of vicious, feral dogs.
And the suspect believes he is a werewolf.
But this is Portland, where crazy bastards outnumber normal ones ten to one. Except there’s another catch. The crazy werewolf guy? He isn’t crazy...

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bad-Wolf-Chr...19603&sr=1-180

US
http://www.amazon.com/Bad-Wolf-Chron...s=tim+mcgregor
Old 11-14-2013, 04:07 AM   #22
Mort1997
Wizard

Free Today on Amazon - Scherzo: Murder and Mystery in 18th Century Venice by Jim Williams

'MEET two unusual detectives. Ludovico - a young man who has had his testicles cut off for the sake of opera. And Monsieur Arouet - a fraudster, or just possibly the philosopher Voltaire.
VISIT the setting. Carnival time in mid-18th century Venice, a city of winter mists, and the season of masquerade and decadence.
ENCOUNTER a Venetian underworld of pimps, harlots, gamblers, forgers and charlatans.
BEWARE of a mysterious coterie of aristocrats, Jesuits, Freemasons and magicians.
DISCOVER a murder: that of the nobleman, Sgr Alessandro Molin, found swinging from a bridge with his innards hanging out and a message in code from his killer.
Scherzo is a murder mystery of sparkling vivacity and an historical novel of stunning originality told with a wit and style highly praised by critics and nominated for the Booker Prize.'

UK
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scherzo-Murd...419874&sr=1-25

US
[http://www.amazon.com/Scherzo-Murder...ywords=scherzo

Last edited by Mort1997; 11-14-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: Link corrected!
Old 11-14-2013, 08:09 AM   #23
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Amazon Aus has got Stella Rimington's The Geneva Trap as one of the AUD $1.99 deal of the day books.

Amazon US $1.87

Canada $6.15
Unfortunately over six bucks u.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort1997 View Post
Free Today on Amazon - Scherzo: Murder and Mystery in 18th Century Venice by Jim Williams

The u.s. link links to the u.k. site. I'm on my phone and don't know how to link with it

'MEET two unusual detectives. Ludovico - a young man who has had his testicles cut off for the sake of opera. And Monsieur Arouet - a fraudster, or just possibly the philosopher Voltaire.
VISIT the setting. Carnival time in mid-18th century Venice, a city of winter mists, and the season of masquerade and decadence.
ENCOUNTER a Venetian underworld of pimps, harlots, gamblers, forgers and charlatans.
BEWARE of a mysterious coterie of aristocrats, Jesuits, Freemasons and magicians.
DISCOVER a murder: that of the nobleman, Sgr Alessandro Molin, found swinging from a bridge with his innards hanging out and a message in code from his killer.
Scherzo is a murder mystery of sparkling vivacity and an historical novel of stunning originality told with a wit and style highly praised by critics and nominated for the Booker Prize.'

UK

US
The u.s. link goes back to the u.k. link. On my phone and don't know how to fix it
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 08:24 AM   #24
Mort1997
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
The u.s. link goes back to the u.k. link. On my phone and don't know how to fix it
Whoops! I have edited the post - Thanks
Old 11-14-2013, 08:26 AM   #25
Mort1997
Wizard

A selection of books on Amazon UK are 35p (price matching Nook November sale) incl books by Jonathan Gash, Tasha Alexander and M C Beaton.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_nr_...igh-price=0.35
Old 11-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #26
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleZora View Post
I just checked out this series on Wikipedia. There are two Posadas County series, the first featuring septuagenerian Bill Gastner as Undersheriff, then Sheriff, of Posadas County. Heartshot is first in the series and has been free in the past so many of us may already own it. Scavengers, offered free today, is first in the next series focusing on Undersheriff Estella Reyes-Guzman, after Bill Gastner's retirement.
Myself, I wouldn't call them two separate series. Estella Reyes-Guzman appears in all (or almost all, can't remember for sure) of the early ones which feature Bill Gastner. And Bill Gastner doesn't disappear after he retires - he continues to appear in a regular way in the later ones. I've read all of the Posadas County mysteries, and it really is more like a shift in emphasis than two separate series. These are really quite a bit like Ed McBain's 87th Precinct series where each book has its own individual story line(s) with different characters being more or less important at different times, and then there are also some higher level storylines which develop and are resolved over multiple books.

I'm not a total fanatic about reading books only in series order, but still I would try, I think, to read them not too far out of order.
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 12:02 AM   #27
BelleZora
Wizard

The Blue Hour (Merci Rayborn #1) by T. Jefferson Parker is free again at Amazon US. It was first published by Hyperion in 1999.

It was not free when I checked at Amazon CA and UK. Not free at Kobo or B&N.
Old 11-15-2013, 06:48 PM   #28
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Amazon Aus Deal of the Day:

The Hanging
Lotte Hammer
$1.99

Quote:
Konrad Simonsen 1
On a cold Monday morning before school begins, two children make a gruesome discovery. Hanging from the roof of the school gymnasium are the bodies of five naked and heavily disfigured men. Detective Chief Superintendent Konrad Simonsen and his team from the Murder Squad in Copenhagen are called in to investigate this horrific case - the men hanging in a geometric pattern; the scene so closely resembling a public execution. When the identities of the five victims and the disturbing link between them is leaked to the press, the sinister motivation behind the killings quickly becomes apparent to the police. Up against a building internet campaign and even members of his own team, Simonsen finds that he must battle public opinion and vigilante groups in his mission to catch the killers.

A nerve-wrenching look at justice and retribution, The Hanging is a spectacular crime tale straight from the heart of Scandinavia.

Amazon US $1.87

Not on special in Canada or the UK

Last edited by Lynx-lynx; 11-15-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:49 AM   #29
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The first two books in the "Alix London" mystery series by Charlotte and Aaron Elkins are in today's Amazon UK Kindle Daily Deal for 99p each. The books are "A Dangerous Talent" and "A Cruise to Die For".
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:56 AM   #30
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The first two books in the "Alix London" mystery series by Charlotte and Aaron Elkins are in today's Amazon UK Kindle Daily Deal for 99p each. The books are "A Dangerous Talent" and "A Cruise to Die For".
Being at a dance workshop all day yesterday has saved me from breaking my resolution of no more ebooks to be bought this month.

I'm not sure whether I'm glad or not. I really liked Aaron Elkin's Gideon Oliver series.

Still, no doubt they'll be on offer again someday. Perhaps the first one will even be free at some point.

15 days without an ebook purchase!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote