Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 02-10-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
Catsnkites
Connoisseur
Catsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Libre
Library Book Question

Got a Nook eInk for Christmas. LOVE being able to check out library books.

Two questions, though.

On the Nook, is there any where to see the "expiration date" of the library book? I would like to read the one with the least amount of time remaining next. I know I can get the info from Adobe Digital on my computer, but if I finish a book while waiting at the Drs. office, I'd like to know which one is "next".

I know that when a book "expires", it automatically disappears from the ADE on my computer ... why doesn't it on my Nook? Now, I don't mind ...esp if I haven't quite finished a book yet ...but I had five library books on my Nook and synched with ADE .... none of them disappeared ... I had to manually remove each one from my Nook ... what a pain! I must be missing something.

OK, wait, I have a third question ... In ADE, I have four bookshelves ... All, Borrowed, Purchased and Recently Read. When the Nook is connected, I also can click on it and that's where I have questions. Quite a few of the books show their status as "missing" ... can I delete those? About half are simply a series of numbers as a file name (are those B&N books?) and the other half are duplicate file names of books that seem OK. Most of the dates are right after Christmas, so I assume it was during my "getting to know you period"

Thank You!
Catsnkites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
chas0039
Sceptic
chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40chas0039 is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: rooted Nooks, retired. JetBook Lite, Kindle 3, 4, Kobo Nia, Libra H2O.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsnkites View Post
Got a Nook eInk for Christmas. LOVE being able to check out library books.

Two questions, though.

On the Nook, is there any where to see the "expiration date" of the library book? I would like to read the one with the least amount of time remaining next. I know I can get the info from Adobe Digital on my computer, but if I finish a book while waiting at the Drs. office, I'd like to know which one is "next".

I know that when a book "expires", it automatically disappears from the ADE on my computer ... why doesn't it on my Nook? Now, I don't mind ...esp if I haven't quite finished a book yet ...but I had five library books on my Nook and synched with ADE .... none of them disappeared ... I had to manually remove each one from my Nook ... what a pain! I must be missing something.

OK, wait, I have a third question ... In ADE, I have four bookshelves ... All, Borrowed, Purchased and Recently Read. When the Nook is connected, I also can click on it and that's where I have questions. Quite a few of the books show their status as "missing" ... can I delete those? About half are simply a series of numbers as a file name (are those B&N books?) and the other half are duplicate file names of books that seem OK. Most of the dates are right after Christmas, so I assume it was during my "getting to know you period"

Thank You!
I don't know if there is any way to see the date on a Nook. So far, I have to use ADE.

They don't disappear from ADE on you computer either. You just don't see them anymore. They are still in "my documents" under "my digital editions"

Can't help with the third question, sorry.
chas0039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert