Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #271
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

Device: kobo
also edit reader.lua to disable buffering

io.stdout:setvbuf("no")

add that before :

if ARGV[1] == "-h" then
return showusage()
end

I am working to get inv into koreader so we do not need LD_PRELOAD /tmp/readerInv.so .
cgm999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #272
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
I bricked it, trying to deinstall ScreenInv.

Because it's probably not the last time, I made myself a very easy 5-step program: Only plugin, copy to folder, plugout, repeat x4.

All files and instructions are in the 5 folders and I've uploaded the 50MB to dropbox.

-->This will get a Aura HD from version 2.6.1 to a device which has laucher.png opening up to Koreader v2013.03-273 with light, sleep, usbnet, wifi, dictionary support in pdf and a few tweaks for the Filemanager.<---

If you have an other Kobo, you're good for points 1 to 4. Delete all files which form pairs, e.g. menu.lua and menu.lua-old in directory 5. Do step 5.

If you want Nightmode/ScreenInv follow these instructions.

Last edited by Markismus; 07-16-2013 at 04:56 PM. Reason: Added a link
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2013, 04:36 PM   #273
cgm999
Enthusiast
cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.cgm999 knows the way to San Jose.

How did you unbrick w/o opening the device? Is there some rescue mode when booting?
Old 07-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #274
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

@cgm999 I couldn't find on the forum how to do a factory reset or hard reset precisely, so I only had the clue about using the "two-button reset." What I did was:
1) power down the device by holding the power button until the light went out.
2) hold the light button and than hold the power button without releasing the light button.
3) System is reinitializing.

Or did you mean that "bricking it" is a technical term, which means it is dead and utterly unresponsive? The device still flickered when I either powered on or reset the Aura through the paperclip hole.

Last edited by Markismus; 07-16-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Old 07-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #275
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I haven't tried it out yet but that RAR file of "Markismus" is brilliant. The notes he added make it very straight forward even for those with no hacking skills. It is pretty close to a How To all on its own. He appears to have done all the work to make the required changes. He has got it down to just having to put the specified files and folders into the places he has spelled out. You should even be able to do all that's needed from within WinRAR, no real need to decompress the file.

Luck;
Ken

I applied the "5. Mods for light, sleep, reboot, hidden folders, bigger menutext, OCR and dictionary" as I already have the rest working well. There is a dramatic improvement with these mods applied. Did you change the menu font? Looks great. It doesn't look much bigger but sure looks denser.

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-17-2013 at 02:00 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #276
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thanks a lot Marksimus!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 04:10 AM   #277
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
I haven't tried it out yet but that RAR file of "Markismus" is brilliant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
thanks a lot Marksimus!
That sure is a lot of K! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Did you change the menu font? Looks great. It doesn't look much bigger but sure looks denser.
I tried to do as little as possible, so that it really is a baseline for when I have to reinstall again.
Script changes are (from memory):
1)
In menu.lua (line 70 or more) I changed the size of the X to about 35(, because the tapping range is based on the "self-dimensions" which are taken from the "textdimensions". If the function Getsize() returns different values for different fontsizes it works.)
2)
In menu.lua (line 96 or more) I changed the size of the cfont to 24 (, again otherwise I couldn't tap the right book.)
3)
In credocument.lua I added the lines at the end to include sh- and lua-scripts as textfiles.
4)
In filechooser.lua (line 8) I changed show_hidden to true.
5)
In defaults.lua I added cmg999's debug commands without inversion.

I think the absence of the inversion mod might be your only reason for a perceived change. (I didn't change line 6 in font.lua for a change of font.) Or maybe just the change from standard 22 to 24? But didn't you already that yourself, too?
Old 07-17-2013, 05:28 AM   #278
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Instead of writing scattered document what about a wiki page here on mobileread? I'd refer it on the first post. I could write it myself, but beside still being on holiday, I'd rather spend time on adding features and solving bugs

About tweaking the file manager font size, are you using the latest build with higher dpi or not? I think it shouldn't be necessary once the dpi is right for the device, out if you all agree it is, I could propose to change it in upstream koreader.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:20 AM   #279
Markismus
Guru

@giorgio130
Uptill now I get an transparent line through my text in the filemanager if I increase the cfont to 28 or in screen.lua, line 100 the return value to 265.

So yes, I would love to have a bigger font for a more certain tapping. I even accept the "invisible strikeout font". (Most people won't, that's why I've used cfont with 24.)

What would entail writing a wiki? Just gathering all the tweaks and data? Just pointing to relevant posts from the first would already do that.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:17 AM   #280
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Uptill now I get an transparent line through my text in the filemanager if I increase the cfont to 28 or in screen.lua, line 100 the return value to 265.

So yes, I would love to have a bigger font for a more certain tapping. I even accept the "invisible strikeout font". (Most people won't, that's why I've used cfont with 24.)
still I don't know if you're using 167 dpi or 265 dpi. It makes a big difference.
Would you elaborate on the "invisible strikeout font"? It's the first time I read about that in this thread, but maybe I just missed some posts.

Quote:
What would entail writing a wiki? Just gathering all the tweaks and data? Just pointing to relevant posts from the first would already do that.
I just find it more convenient to read than jumping from one post to another, and also consider that the original authors of such posts could anytime modify or delete them. I wasn't saying you should write that, just that it would be nice to have a wiki page to ease installation for newcomers.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:50 AM   #281
Markismus
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
still I don't know if you're using 167 dpi or 265 dpi.
In the rar-file I used your 235 dpi setting and for cfont I used 24. No lines

I just switched screen.lua line 101 to "return 265" and voila there is a horizontal erasure at the base of the font. It effectively erases the bottoms of a, e, d, 0, etc. and cuts through the p, y and g's. When I increase the cfont from 22 to 31 the line migrates up to about the middle of the letters. (See added jpg.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Invisible Strikout Font with Cfont 31.jpg
Views:	412
Size:	510.7 KB
ID:	108319  
Old 07-17-2013, 10:19 AM   #282
giorgio130
Time Waster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
In the rar-file I used your 235 dpi setting and for cfont I used 24. No lines

I just switched screen.lua line 101 to "return 265" and voila there is a horizontal erasure at the base of the font. It effectively erases the bottoms of a, e, d, 0, etc. and cuts through the p, y and g's. When I increase the cfont from 22 to 31 the line migrates up to about the middle of the letters. (See added jpg.)
the latest code is:
Code:
function Screen:getDPI()
	if(Device:getModel() == "KindlePaperWhite") or (Device:getModel() == "Kobo_kraken") then
		return 212
	elseif Device:getModel() == "Kobo_dragon" then
		return 265
	elseif Device:getModel() == "Kobo_pixie" then
		return 200
	else
		return 167
	end
end
It should be included in the latest build I've posted. So actually if you set 235 for you the text is effectively smaller than it is now on official koreader.
Try these latest settings and see if it is still too small for you (without other modifications). And obviously, the question is open for everyone.
Old 07-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #283
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Time for another of my stupid questions; Is there a "Line Height" setting for the File Manager? Some space between the text lines might make selections with normal sized fingers easier. I would give up a line or two for easier selecting.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-17-2013 at 12:57 PM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #284
cgm999
Enthusiast

Attached the last hack/mod version based on koreader-v2013.03-266-g4f36cd2
(with the dpi adjust for other kobo devices). Give it a try

NOTE: this was tested only on fw_ver 2.6.1 and only on kobo_aura_hd , other older fw will not work but other kobo models should

changes vs koreader-v2013.03-266-g4f36cd2
- frontlight led off/on via button and adjust via bottom menu
- suspend button
- native inverse support (LD_PRELOAD=screenInv.so NO longer needed)
- run debug commands (which goes into defaults.lua) + koreader-debug_cmd.sh
- setting in defaults.lua to have diff full page refresh when in menu vs reading (for example set DRCOUNTMAX = 1 and DRCOUNTMAX_inopt = 6
- fixed in the koreader-base (the binary) FB.temp from 0x1001 to 0x1000 which will make page refresh faster . Also the fb.flags can be set now via fb:refresh (1st bit is full_refresh,2nd bit is inverse and from bits 3,4,etc are flags). I will try get this into github koreader

the tweaks are moved from bug icon to landscape menu(frontlight, inv, debug_cmd)

EDIT: make sure there are at least 3 commands on DEBUG_CMDS defaults.lua , if there are 2 is going to crash
for devs: attached the diff for koreader-base/einkfb.c
Attached Files
File Type: zip koreader.zip (9.41 MB, 246 views)
File Type: zip einkfb.c.diff.zip (1.1 KB, 216 views)

Last edited by cgm999; 07-18-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:16 PM   #285
Markismus
Guru

@cgm999

Thanks.
Why did you base it on 266 instead of 273?