Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #1
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Cover recommendation?

I'm looking for a cover for a Nook Touch. I looked at the covers on the website, and from what I can see, they look a little bulky. I like the standard covers for the Sonys (I have a 505), and think I would like something similar.

I'd like something that minimizes the footprint and allows the front cover to be bent all the way around to the back while reading. And Less then $50.

Thanks.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 09:30 AM   #2
mcooke66
Connoisseur
mcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to beholdmcooke66 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nook ST - Nook 1st Gen
The best IMO is the industrial cover it has the least bulk and folds over nicely and most important it feels really good to hold.

I tried several covers while in the store and they all add to much bulk but I feel I need one so I went for the least intrusive.

I have actually been reading without the cover since the device is so easy and nice to hold.
mcooke66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I bought the Lautner cover:

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Laut...?cds2Pid=35723

I was going to get a different one, but decided on this one because of the magnetic closure. Wasn't sure if I would like it, but thankfully my local store has them in stock, so I was able to try it out. The footprint is small. Cover folds back nicely and magnet keeps it closed in that position. Also, you can keep it open like a book and fold the magnetic flap back so it's not showing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0029.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	927.5 KB
ID:	72976   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0032.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	630.3 KB
ID:	72977   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0033.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	687.2 KB
ID:	72978   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0034.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	972.5 KB
ID:	72979   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0036.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	604.9 KB
ID:	72980  
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #4
OrganicJerk
Enthusiast
OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.OrganicJerk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-950, Nook STR
I'm still waiting (hoping) for an official lighted cover to be released. Right now I'm carrying the device as is with a screen protector, and haven't dropped it yet.

I think B&N dropped the ball on not having an electrical connector inside the little nub-holes to connect a lighted cover to (unless Amazon patented that). That would have kept a lighted cover's weight down significantly.
OrganicJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Maybe someone's interested in this case/stand:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Advert
Old 06-20-2011, 09:26 AM   #6
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The industriell Band Cover looks like the smallest. Thanks mcooke66.

And thank you for the pictures SCION.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #7
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
And this looks like a nice one - I really like cases that fold into an easel, for reading while seated at the dinner table.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055UFIX4

Last edited by EldRick; 06-20-2011 at 01:01 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
John F
Grand Sorcerer

That does look like nice, but I don't think the Nook touch has a landscape mode.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #9
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

"...I don't think the Nook touch has a landscape mode."

Yes, that's correct. What does that have to do with anything in this thread?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #10
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
"...I don't think the Nook touch has a landscape mode."

Yes, that's correct. What does that have to do with anything in this thread?
It looks like the picture of the cover you posted, using the built in stand, shows the reader in a landscape orientation?
Old 06-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
John F
Grand Sorcerer

Looking at the pictures more, it looks like was mistaken. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
SCION
Séduisant

Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
It looks like the picture of the cover you posted, using the built in stand, shows the reader in a landscape orientation?
It does look that way, but if you look closer you'll see the "n" where the cutout is (at the bottom).
Old 06-20-2011, 10:15 PM   #13
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
I see case selection is still a bit sparse. Any one else find any other good third party cases?

I'd love a lighted cover like my wife's K3 cover. Here's hoping one shows up. I don't mind feeding a lighted cover a CR2032 battery or something once in a while...

I found a nice collection of links for cases here...

http://www.squidoo.com/nook-simple-touch-reader-case

Any other brand of e-reader cases fit the Nook 2? Maybe Sony cases? Any other gadget near the same size?

Last edited by GreenMonkey; 06-20-2011 at 10:20 PM.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:39 AM   #14
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
i have the industrielle easel cover, as i sit my Nook up alot in the kitchen and read while I am cooking/baking. I dont feel its bulky at all, and the nook clip light (that i bought ages ago with my first gen Nook) still clips right to the STR while it is in the case if needed.

http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Indu...?cds2Pid=35723
astrangerhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
EldRick
Evangelist

I've got the industrielle easel cover, and it's flaw is that the strap is too short - the Nook stands too vertical for comfortable reading when on a table in front of you.