Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
It's my bad; I really didn't think about it at the time. And at first a few of the books were only in PDF format anyway.
Actually, only the first book was PDF only sort of. Enough people complained and Tor allowed you to email for an HTML copy. And after that it was PDF, HTML, and Mobi from the second giveaway on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:38 AM   #47
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Why oh why did you not download the HTML and Mobi along with the PDF?
Stupidity? At the time I was reading everything in PDF and LIT and figured a future Kindle would surely support such formats natively. Sigh. Anyway, it's all good now.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #48
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Actually, only the first book was PDF only sort of. Enough people complained and Tor allowed you to email for an HTML copy. And after that it was PDF, HTML, and Mobi from the second giveaway on.
Was it? My memory gets hazy. I just remember early on not all the formats being available.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:53 AM   #49
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Stupidity? At the time I was reading everything in PDF and LIT and figured a future Kindle would surely support such formats natively. Sigh. Anyway, it's all good now.
Are you serious to actually think Jeff Bezos would support someone else's format and give up even a smidgen of control over his precious?
Old 03-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #50
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Was it? My memory gets hazy. I just remember early on not all the formats being available.
I was one of the people who emailed Tor asking for a reflowable copy be available other then PDF. But by the time I got the reply saying the HTML of Mistborn was available and all I had to do was ask for it, I had already converted the PDF and was reading it/error checking.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:33 AM   #51
ruskie
Shade
ruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enoughruskie will become famous soon enough

Device: Hanlin Jinke V3ext running OpenInkPot
To bad I missed this giveaway... Some nice titles in here.
ruskie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!