Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Sleep Mode Cover, lack of.

I imagine this question is already buried somewhere in the forum, but perhaps someone can remember where.

My Touch is up to date firmware wise and suddenly it is not showing the book cover I'm reading when I let it go to sleep.

Don't know exactly when this started, maybe directly after last update or maybe more recently.

I've checked in Settings and the box is ticked.

Is this a known bug with this update ?
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
This is an ongoing bug. There does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what triggers this bug to show up, or, how to get the right cover shown once it has has happened.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
My Touch is up to date firmware wise and suddenly it is not showing the book cover I'm reading when I let it go to sleep.
It is showing the wrong cover, or no cover at all?

I haven't encountered the wrong cover problem, but I have noticed that sometimes when I have only read a few pages of a book, that book is still marked as unread in the books list, and then sleep mode will not display the cover at all but just the default sleep mode screen. I have to read a bit further for the book to be marked with the percentage read, and then the cover shows in sleep mode. It doesn't happen with every book though.

Edit: For me this behaviour started with firmware 2.3.1, and continues in 2.3.2.

Last edited by GeoffR; 01-02-2013 at 07:54 PM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=2364894 for an idea...
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #5
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
It is showing the wrong cover, or no cover at all?

I haven't encountered the wrong cover problem, but I have noticed that sometimes when I have only read a few pages of a book, that book is still marked as unread in the books list, and then sleep mode will not display the cover at all but just the default sleep mode screen. I have to read a bit further for the book to be marked with the percentage read, and then the cover shows in sleep mode. It doesn't happen with every book though.

Edit: For me this behaviour started with firmware 2.3.1, and continues in 2.3.2.
It shows the basic Sleep Mode with the ereader shape/ logo in the middle of the screen with the "eyes" shut and "Sleep Mode" underneath.

Yes I also noticed that having read a few pages on a book it still shows as unread in the library, but haven't investigated that further.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:36 PM   #6
mXb
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Yes I'll try what was said on that post and see if it fixes it. I wonder if it makes any difference whether you let it go to sleep by itself (as I do) or using the switch to send it to sleep ?

I'll have to try experimenting, just so long as I don't make it worse !

Cheers PeterT and GeoffR...