Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2010, 12:25 PM   #1
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Device: none
Question PRS-650 or K3 for PDF viewing?

Hi,

I know that both devices are not optimised for PDF viewing and require zooming and panning to read PDFs. However, I have a question to the people who have been able to try both devices: which one is the best for PDF viewing in term of interface?

Many thanks in advance.
zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 03:18 PM   #2
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Afaik K3 only displays PDFs as is, Sony also has "reflow". And maybe these pictures (by Theonna @ mobileread) will help you choose:

650 vs kindle

600 vs 650 vs kindle

kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2010, 05:38 PM   #3
Richey79
mrkrgnao
Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Richey79 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS650, K3 Wireless, Galaxy S3, iPad 3.
In total agreement with kartu.

The 6" Sonys are considerably better suited to PDF reading than Amazon's 6" offering, in my opinion. Reflow is better supported, and navigation of image-based PDFs is more comfortable.
Richey79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
zeb
Connoisseur
zeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with otherszeb plays well with others

Device: none
Thanks a lot.

How the reflow makes PDF reading so much better? I looked at the pictures and it was not clear to me the PDF on the Kindle was not readable. Are there other reasons, such as the zooming and page navigation handling? I mean is it easier to change columns in the Sony that is not practical with the K3?

Thanks.
zeb is offline   Reply With Quote