Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW
iRex DR1000S Availability

Good day all,

OK, so I'll say it right up front, I'm from New York so I don't have good "waiting" skills. I don't wait in lines and I don't wait on hold, etc.

There, that's acknowledged and out of the way.

Having said that, I am concerned with the lack of response to queries directed to iRex Tech about lead times on a 1000S. I'm also a bit concerned about uncertainty in the US delivery channel.

My CC was already debited the funds and yet I have no delivery date or ETA.

I am certainly NOT faulting the US distributor. They have done their best to pry information out of iRex.

Does the V1.5 version delay to 2/5 have any bearing on the delay? Is it possible iRex is waiting to ship with the new version?

Obviously patience is a virtue I do not possess.

Thanks,

Alex
Mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 02:50 PM   #2
bazmi
Enthusiast
bazmi began at the beginning.

Device: irex dr 1000s, sony prs 700, 505, iliad BE. N800, SL6000, SL3200...
i can empathize with you. my experience in getting the dr1000s was somewhat similar. i tried to order direct from irex, had problems - no response- so switched to a UK based distributor. they were helpful but there were delivery problems from irex. it took almost 4 weeks to get my device.

although a major release is expected for monday, i dont see why irex would wait for that because it is easily user upgradeable anyway. probably they are out of stock.

good luck!

/bazmi.
bazmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2009, 09:05 PM   #3
maecolis
Morrie made me do it...
maecolis began at the beginning.

Device: I killed my Librie...
No word from ERO...

Hey Mookie - I also put in an order for a DR1000S - and I'm still waiting. I put it in to ERO last week and they couldn't tell me anything about delivery dates either - and they gots me money too.

It's a huge chunk of change for me especially since the exchange rate sucks for CAD to USD. Oh well.

I'm a patient person - I just don't like waiting.

Just take comfort that you're not the only one in the boat... Blub... Blub...
maecolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:07 PM   #4
PhishStyx
The me that I am
PhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheesePhishStyx can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 1 & DR 1000s
I called E-Reader Outfitters, and the guy said that he would let me know when they get new product in and that his best guess was that it would be the 1st week of February, so left my email address with him.
PhishStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 10:10 AM   #5
windspeedo
Enthusiast
windspeedo began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000, Kindle 3G, Kobo Glo
Just FYI:
I placed order in irex online shop on Jan. 23.
Irex sent the DR1000s to UPS on Jan. 28.
Yesterday it arrived custom of Beijing.
windspeedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #6
maecolis
Morrie made me do it...

Let's see...

So... if Irex got the readers on the 28th, give 3 days shipping to ERO, one day to unpack, 2 days to ship, Mookie should be getting yours on friday, and I'll probably have mine by monday or tueday at the latest... See... No problem!

I've been without a reader for a couple months - another week won't kill me. ish.
Old 02-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
Mookie
Major Major
Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mookie can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

"ish" - ROTFLMAO

The "ish" bit at the end of Maecolis's post was hilarious.

As I said earlier, I'm not very good at waiting. I ordered domestically on 1/15.

Maybe I can nap until Friday...

Regards,

Alex
Old 02-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #8
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Depend on luck,
I am not in US, But living there for 10 years for studying.
I ordered both DR and iLiad and accessories on mid Nov 08. from Irex rep. in CA. Sendiing to Hotel that my friend went to seminar I had 6 days for delivery.Even I had some troubles with some order But it was on time and no defective (my DR is open box and save me 30 bugs)

May be member here can put the good support store name.
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #9
maecolis
Morrie made me do it...

ERO Update

ERO just updated and said that backorders of DR1000S and iliads are shipping late this week, and all new orders will be shipped 5-10 days after receipt. So Mookie, if you're waiting with bated breath, you should get the reader just before you turn blue.

Worst case scenario, you'll have it by monday or tuesday depending on your shipping method and how fast ERO sends them out. See, it wasn't *THAT* painful now... was it? Just another 2% of 2009. Kinda like pulling 2% of hair off your body - that just happen to be from your nose.

OK, OK - that was evil... But it was a good kind of evil. I mean - everyone who read that cringed - just a little, right? To quote George Carlin, "... It's all about the things that bring us together, the things that make us the same..."

Cheers, and keep us posted on your shiny new reader.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 PM   #10
Mookie
Major Major

Delivery any fortnight now

Ya' I saw the update too. It's good news.

On another note Ars Tecnica had an interesting article today:

http://arstechnica.com/features/2009...ure-e-book.ars

I wonder if the "Jeff" the author refers to is Jeff at eRO...

WooHoo!!! My 1000S will be here in 5-10 days!!!
Old 02-21-2009, 05:15 AM   #11
vwinstead
Enthusiast
vwinstead began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR1000S
If you're still looking for one mine is up for sale now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...47#description

It's a good price and it'll get to you sooner than buying from online.
vwinstead is offline   Reply With Quote