Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #46
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
ixtab, thanks!

kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:59 AM   #47
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ixtab,
Rescue Pack works on Paperwhite 2 (fw 5.4.2/5.4.2.1)?
Old 01-23-2014, 09:59 AM   #48
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaznelson View Post
ixtab,
Rescue Pack works on Paperwhite 2 (fw 5.4.2/5.4.2.1)?
Errm, yep. It's independent from the firmware version.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #49
hanog
Enthusiast
hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hanog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Errm, yep. It's independent from the firmware version.
So thats it means work with the new fw5.4.4 on PW1?

Sorry for dumb question but who knows?

Edit:

So I tried. It is installable I think it's working. Maybe.

Last edited by hanog; 03-20-2014 at 02:01 AM.
hanog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 PM   #50
Divion
Enthusiast
Divion began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite 2
Thanks Ixatab.

You rescuse me too. I escape from nearly bricked condition.
Divion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:23 AM   #51
itzi
itzi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperhite 2, Kindle 4...
It doesn't seem to work on 9017 with 5.4.3.2, "Update your kindle" option stays greyed out. Actually I had the same problem with the jailbreak and every hack I tried, and could only solve it with NiLuJe's snapshots. Any clue so that I can install the rescue pack? Thank you very much!
itzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #52
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzi View Post
It doesn't seem to work on 9017 with 5.4.3.2, "Update your kindle" option stays greyed out. Actually I had the same problem with the jailbreak and every hack I tried, and could only solve it with NiLuJe's snapshots.

Any clue so that I can install the rescue pack?

Thank you very much!
Rebuild the package using the Kindletool from NiLuJe's snapshots.

- - - - -

The usual practice at this site is for the author of a package to re-build it when a new Kindletool is released.

But the new Kindletool build is **not yet** released under the assumption that not all of the new device serial numbers have been discovered.

And in this case, the author (ixtab) is away from the forum, dealing with "life".
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=901
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 12:29 PM   #53
itzi
itzi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperhite 2, Kindle 4...
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Rebuild the package using the Kindletool from NiLuJe's snapshots.

- - - - -

The usual practice at this site is for the author of a package to re-build it when a new Kindletool is released.

But the new Kindletool build is **not yet** released under the assumption that not all of the new device serial numbers have been discovered.

And in this case, the author (ixtab) is away from the forum, dealing with "life".
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=901
Thanks, knc1. I'm quite newbie to Kindle and had never heard of Kindletool. I finally solved it rebuilding the package like you said.
itzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #54
kaznelson
Old Kaz

Rebuilding with KindleTool v1.6.2.20 (standart and integrate Coward's addon):
update_k5_rescue_pack.zip

Last edited by kaznelson; 07-25-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #55
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Good call, I updated ixtab's attachment .

EDIT: And also linked to your AIO package in the JB FAQ .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-25-2014 at 02:58 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:47 AM   #56
villette
villette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.9
Hello, I am sorry for stupid question, but I am a newbie here. I downloaded the Update K5 rescue pack and I copied the Update_k5_rescue_pack.bin file in the root directory od Kindle. In the root directory there were only files called: documents, music, system.
After copying the file into root directory, I dismounted the Kindle from computer. I did the Update, but there was an error message: Error 007. Then Kindle rebooted itself into the Main Menu again (thru the boy under the tree). I don't know if the rescue pack is installed successfully or not.
Please can I you point out what I did wrong? Or navigate me how can I find out if the rescue pack is installed? I hoped I can jailbreak my KP, but now I don't feel so confident about it.
villette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 09:50 AM   #57
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@villette: it didn't, and that's most likely because your device is not jailbroken.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:33 PM   #58
villette
villette began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.9
@NiLuJe: thank you very much. I thought that I should install the rescue pack before doing the jailbreak. Sorry, silly me.
villette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 05:03 AM   #59
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
I updated JB to version 1.13.N
I understand that this version already contains the Rescue Pack, is this correct?

Secondarily: how is RP related to usbnet? Do I have to install the latter to make RP work if needed?
I ask because I am not normally "playing" that way with my Kindle, but I understand RP serves to a similar purpose (allowing to break into the kindle at linux level when the UI doese not start).

Thanks
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #60
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Ruskie_it: Nope, it doesn't. It will *preserve* an *existing* RP installation over official updates, big difference .

It isn't. USB Networking is just one (and the most interesting, in our case) feature of the diags system. The RP simply unlocks it.
The USBNetwork hack, on the other hand, affects the *main* system, not diags.