Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-18-2012, 04:30 AM   #1
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Kindle Word games for Fire?

I picked up a Kindle Touch (e-ink) for my son and downloaded many of the free word type games for it.

I love these a lot but sadly they aren't playable on the Fire, nor is there versions for the Fire.

Any idea if there are similar type games on the Android Market?

The Kindle Games I really like are:
Shuffled Row
(Edit) Every Word
Every Word Crossings
Jigsaw Words Vol 1 and 2
Every Word
(EDIT) Forgot to include : Thread Words

Last edited by salsaguy; 02-18-2012 at 05:41 PM. Reason: added two game names
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:42 AM   #2
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
I used to have games like that for my Apple computer... An Apple II even.

But thanks, I'll have to download those for my K3.

On the Android Market, I can recommend 7 Little Words, but I'd have a look around tbh.

https://market.android.com/search?q=...&c=apps&sort=0
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:58 PM   #3
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Thanks, got it (7 little words) on the 1mobile site as i don't have Android store availability.
its like jigsaw words and much harder and they lock out all but one level so not as good or fun compared to the Kindle games.

Last edited by salsaguy; 02-18-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: typeo
Old 02-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
A search for "Word Games" at the Amazon app stores turns up hundreds of results. I pared it down to "Word Game for Kindle Fire" and got 49 apps. There should be at least a few good ones in there, though I'm not familiar enough with the apps you mention to figure out what's similar.

Last edited by carld; 02-23-2012 at 04:50 PM.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:01 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Recommend TextTwist 2 now looking at that list. It's pretty good (I have the PC version).
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:37 PM   #6
sdroux550
sdroux550 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Words with friends is great,
so is hanging with friends (version 4.52 - this one needs to be sideloaded)
sdroux550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM   #7
Equazi
Equazi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle Fire
I've only tried Words with Friends on Facebook and have wondered what the tablet versions are like. Facebook play feels more like play by mail. I'd like something in real time.

I play a fun one called "Letter Bug" but I'm not sure if it's available in the Amazon Appstore. It reminds me of Boggle.

I wrote one called Unolingo but there is only a free version available via sideloading or the Android Market. I'd be happy to provide someone with an .apk if they would be interested in providing feedback.
Equazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
My favorite word games on the fire are:

Wordoid - (totally addicted to this one), Dabble, and Scrabble. Wordoid is free, definitely give it a try. These are all available on amazon. A lot of people also seem to like Word Hero.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #9
salsaguy
Addict

Wordoid rocks
Simple and fun and not flashy
Old 03-04-2012, 10:38 AM   #10
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equazi View Post
I've only tried Words with Friends on Facebook and have wondered what the tablet versions are like. Facebook play feels more like play by mail. I'd like something in real time.
WWF is as realtime as you and your opponent choose to make it.

Personally I'm enjoying the 'play by mail' feel. I can just check in and consider a move with no pressure when I have a few minutes.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #11
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
i like the Bird's the Word on the fire.... got it in the amazon app store
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:10 AM   #12
salsaguy
Addict

On the latest Kindle Chronicles, the dev of the kindle game "Throw in the Vowel" said they are working on a color version of the game for the Fire.
http://www.amazon.com/Throw-in-the-V...sr=1-1-catcorr
Old 03-09-2012, 09:34 AM   #13
Equazi
Equazi began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Kindle Fire
Wordoid - I just checked it out and I really like it as well. It reminds me of an iPhone game I've always liked, Letter Bug.
Equazi is offline   Reply With Quote