Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
How to Find a 6" While Site is "Under Repairs"

As many of you know, our site currently shows an "Out of Stock" sign if you go to purchase an EZ Reader, due to tech repairs.

I was just informed that our latest model of a 6" EZ Reader can be found at Buy.com, if you follow this link:

http://www.buy.com/listing/sellerlis...11086120&buy=0

Buy.com has our latest shipment of the new model, so if you are planning to purchase an eBook reader in the next week or so as our site is down, you can find it there.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:03 PM   #2
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I would be cautious about buying from buy.com. If you have a problem with them, their customer service department is less than stellar.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
I would be cautious about buying from buy.com. If you have a problem with them, their customer service department is less than stellar.
However, warranty items are still handled by Astak.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:39 AM   #4
fragomatik
Klaatu Barada cough-cough
fragomatik began at the beginning.

Device: ECO Reader
Hi Jennifer
I'm in Australia, and wish to purchase a 6" ezreader. Please let me know how I can get my hands on one of these.
fragomatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fragomatik View Post
Hi Jennifer
I'm in Australia, and wish to purchase a 6" ezreader. Please let me know how I can get my hands on one of these.
If Buy.com supports international shipping, then as of right now, the new 6" is currently available at this link:

If they do not support international orders, then keep checking the forums and the Astak site for our EZ Readers to be back up!
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2010, 11:08 PM   #6
lizlee4
lizlee4 began at the beginning.

Device: EZreader Pocket Pro
I'm in the same position as fragomatik, except I want to buy a 5" ... any idea of when the Astak site will be back up and running (days, weeks, months ??)?

If it takes too long I'll probably get an Eco Reader Eclipse (which is the same as the PP - please correct me if I'm wrong) which I can get here in Oz for $179 + postage, except I don't want white.
lizlee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #7
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlee4 View Post
I'm in the same position as fragomatik, except I want to buy a 5" ... any idea of when the Astak site will be back up and running (days, weeks, months ??)?

If it takes too long I'll probably get an Eco Reader Eclipse (which is the same as the PP - please correct me if I'm wrong) which I can get here in Oz for $179 + postage, except I don't want white.
It is the same as the PP (except the USB power adapter included is for Australia, if you buy a PP you will get a USB power adapter for US style plugs). Might be worth flicking them an email, they may have the Eclipse in black.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #8
lizlee4
lizlee4 began at the beginning.

Device: EZreader Pocket Pro
Thanks Solicitous - I hadn't thought of that!
I have the US plug that came with the PP, so I am using the USB charger which is a pain in the you-know-where.
In theory I could use the Aus charger that comes with the Eclipse on the PP - right?
lizlee4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:40 AM   #9
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep certainly can.
Old 09-14-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlee4 View Post
Thanks Solicitous - I hadn't thought of that!
I have the US plug that came with the PP, so I am using the USB charger which is a pain in the you-know-where.
In theory I could use the Aus charger that comes with the Eclipse on the PP - right?
Sure, or any 5V charger capable of supplying enough current. Of course the one that came with the PPro can be used if you have a simple plug adapter.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:07 PM   #11
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
they are no longer listed on astak.com but are on ezreader.com a site owned by Astak.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:55 PM   #12
vt100
vt100 began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook-Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
As many of you know, our site currently shows an "Out of Stock" sign if you go to purchase an EZ Reader, due to tech repairs.

I was just informed that our latest model of a 6" EZ Reader can be found at Buy.com, if you follow this link:

Buy.com has our latest shipment of the new model, so if you are planning to purchase an eBook reader in the next week or so as our site is down, you can find it there.
This vendor wants $25 for shipping!
vt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:30 PM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by vt100 View Post
This vendor wants $25 for shipping!
Profit Center
if you are anywhere in the CON-US. The box is about 1lb + insurance. $12 tops
If Astak had removed their heads from somewhere dark, they would have MADE the box fit into a US Postal Service (International) Flat rate box.
Saving their customers $$
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #14
Solicitous
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If Astak had removed their heads from somewhere dark, they would have
Is anyone actually happy with Astak at the moment?

Jenifer, serious point to take back to the powers-that-be at Astak; Ok, due to 'tech repairs' the online ordering isn't possible through the website, but seriously telling people to go to buy.com, or if as an international customer to keep checking the forums and website awaiting for them to be put back up?? And I am really interested to know what sort of website repairs take 10+ days still unresolved.

This isn't a reflection upon you, but as an Astak rep you are the person we're talking to. Do Astak seriously want customers? I sent you an email regarding the paint/support issue and I briefly explained some of my thoughts, and Astak are making it rather difficult to recommend the product given support issues and NOW simple issue of not being able to purchase the product.
Old 09-20-2010, 04:13 AM   #15
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I know that sometimes a server has to be replaced, but this seems more of updating a web site. Maybe having problems getting a shopping cart installed.

But 10 days does seem rather a long time.

( I have worked for a web host, but I'm not a superexpert on it.)
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote