Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-26-2009, 06:48 AM   #1
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Help! Please! Mobipocket to a 505?

Seems Fictionwise is turning more and more towards eReader/Mobipocket books, at least for the books I want to buy I can read the ereader format on my Palm-device, but I don't want to go back reading on that since I have a 505.

Could some kind person *please* help me with info on whether it's even possible to convert mobipocket format (or ereader) to something readable on my 505? Or even if it's possible to convert to MSreader or html/text - I can then handle it from there...

I have read the "seriouly confused..." thread and other threads I can find, and downloaded some stuff from various places on the net. But I need a "super dummies step by step guide"....

So could someone take pity on me and PM/email me?

Converting from mobipocket is such a different world... I have no idea where to start...

Last edited by June; 09-26-2009 at 06:51 AM.
June is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Yes it is possible. The easiest thing to do would be to use Calibre to convert Mobi to ePub, which your 505 will read. DRM-free only books, of course.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2009, 12:04 PM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
There are several threads about the MOBI DRM removal script, mobidedrm.py. You have to provide a PID to buy a MOBI with DRM, and typically this is from your Windows PC running Desktop MobiPocket Reader.

If you look in the recent comments to the Dark Reverser Weblog you might come across a packaged tool that makes it much easier to use the required scripts. The original version of this GUI was Windows-only but now there is a Java version for other machine types. Look in its README for more imformation.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:03 PM   #4
June
Addict
June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.June ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Oasis 1&2 and others
Thank you both of you! I now am fairly sure I know what to do... will test tonight!

Edit: yes it works - thank you very much!

Last edited by June; 09-27-2009 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Added info
June is offline   Reply With Quote